Gamespot ZombiU Full Review

#121En Sabah NurPosted 11/17/2012 12:12:31 PM
Stop being fanboys. It doesn't even look like a good game, and this basically confirms that. Why do you care? It's not like any of you designed it.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#122ColorfulColorsPosted 11/17/2012 12:13:36 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Stop being fanboys. It doesn't even look like a good game, and this basically confirms that. Why do you care? It's not like any of you designed it.

LETS IGNORE THE OTHER REVIEWS AND BASE IT ALL AROUND THIS ONE!

Thats what basically what the majority of you are doing.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#123UnbralPosted 11/17/2012 12:31:03 PM
They just rated a generic zombie shooter which trusts all of its sucess on its hardware gimmicks low. So what?
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#124bond465Posted 11/17/2012 12:36:35 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Gamespot's review of the wii and gamecube version of Twilight Princess contradicted each other when it came to controls. If I remember correctly, they also bashed the controls for Skyward Sword, admitted to basically sucking with 'em, but didn't change the review score despite the fact that one of the problems that they had with the game was do entirely to player error.

Why are we worried 'bout their opinion, again? 'Cause, I dunno... Don't seem to be to reliable to me...

How many reviews will it take to convince die hard wii u fans. The game seems like absolute trash. The gamespot review brings up serious cons. This is the only game that interested many people who get the wii u launch day.

Cricket bat.
#125darkjedilinkPosted 11/17/2012 12:40:27 PM
bond465 posted...
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Gamespot's review of the wii and gamecube version of Twilight Princess contradicted each other when it came to controls. If I remember correctly, they also bashed the controls for Skyward Sword, admitted to basically sucking with 'em, but didn't change the review score despite the fact that one of the problems that they had with the game was do entirely to player error.

Why are we worried 'bout their opinion, again? 'Cause, I dunno... Don't seem to be to reliable to me...

How many reviews will it take to convince die hard wii u fans. The game seems like absolute trash. The gamespot review brings up serious cons. This is the only game that interested many people who get the wii u launch day.

Cricket bat.

It'll take more than ONE bad review to convince ANYONE who isn't hoping Nintendo will go third-party, especially when there are two other reviews - one calling the game good, the other calling really great.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#126GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/17/2012 12:47:10 PM
D_Rich_King posted...
Metal_Mercenary posted...
ZombiU is the Red Steel of the WiiU, a medicore to terrible FPS game made by Ubisoft built up by fanboys to be better than any shooter on PS3 and Xbox 360 which is then released to bad-to-average reviews, and 6 months down the line is either forgotten or remembered as a really crappy game.

You heard it here first!

I told you guys is was gonna suck like, months ago. Feh.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#127Lord_KagatoPosted 11/17/2012 1:05:13 PM
Example of Gamefaqs logic:

9/10
8/10
7/10
4/10
8/10
8/10
9/10

"THIS GAME SUCKS! Someone gave it a 4/10!"
---
Watch my LPs and Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
#128Jewtiful JoePosted 11/17/2012 1:08:35 PM
If it sucks I'll just sell it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XA1y9.jpg
I am a proud American and I am in favor of teen pregnant.
#129SebVettelPosted 11/17/2012 1:25:40 PM
Dynheart posted...
SebVettel posted...
I find it amusing that whenever somebody bashes a game that is hyped/loved, the fanbase insists that it's because they don't "get" it, like it's their fault or something.

I love Metroid Prime, so anybody who doesn't like it is basically saying "boo, this game does things i aren't used to", and it's not the game's fault, it's THEIRS.

They fine. But review the game as it should be.

You love Metroid Prime? What if bombed in the reviews because everyone reviewed as an FPS straight up? Would there have been a part 2 or 3 because it sold so poorly..(maybe not, word of mouth would have said otherwise...epic game)?

This review is not just an opinion, but he giving an opinion basing as if it were an action game. It's in his wording. It's how he is playing; and it disappoints him. It's obvious.

That would be like someone being PO'd that they couldn't run and gun in a Metal Gear Solid game. You could, but you would tear apart the developers vision...and the game would get a bad score to boot.

Like I said, though, it is what it is. But for god sake, know what you are playing first.

I will say this. He had some points. The melee combat looked clunky. The AI looked dumb..but the are zombies, they are supposed to be dumb. If we made them smart, and they are in a horde? We would be complaining.

I'm just going to chill and see how this unfolds. I have a feeling there will be a lot of high scores, and a lot of low scores.

Those are good points you make. I guess the difference in ZombiU's case is that nobody even owns the game yet, so I find it a little rich to lambast somebody who doesn't like the game. Sure, he may be complaining about things like scarce amount of amount, which was the intention of the developers, but maybe it just doesn't work out to be any fun.

Ultimately, everybody will form an opinion based off their own experiences.