Gamespot ZombiU Full Review

#91VGAddict90Posted 11/17/2012 10:02:14 AM
Nintendo Land got an 8/10. That's good.
#92VGAddict90Posted 11/17/2012 10:04:05 AM
Sorry to double-post, but I don't see a review on Gamespot's page.
#93DynheartPosted 11/17/2012 10:08:24 AM(edited)
I'll be honest. Disappointing. But his review made no sense. He complained just about everything we knew about, and we thought was cool.

Limited ammo.
The need to rely on the cricket bat.
Using the Gamepad.
Survival.

Not only that, but he seemed disappointed he couldn't kill every zombie. There's a horde out there...the idea is to survive, not kill on sight.

I think he rated this game like it should have been an action/horror game...even though he states it was supposed to be a throwback to the old RE's.

Some of his nit picks were legit, though. But 4.5 legit? I don't think so. That's saying the game is broken. I just think he went into it thinking it was going to be an actiony survival horror game, and it's not.

Sad thing is, it looks like he rated it as an actiony game (left4dead anybody?).

I'll still pick it up.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#94motorazrv3xxxPosted 11/17/2012 10:08:48 AM
shadow961 posted...
motorazrv3xxx posted...
No, I seriously can't tell. How are you an ancient yet you still cannot communicate effectively through the internet?

lol @ ancient comment. see thats the kind of reasoning and logic that leaves you so blind to your own fanboyism. As an ancient let me tell you that the taste of tears never gets old.

Where have I been a blind fanboy at all? Lol I think I'm being trolled really hard right now. Are you just spewing out random crap to confuse me or something?
---
I'm Elite, bro.
My GameFaqs status said so.
#95SebVettelPosted 11/17/2012 10:20:41 AM
I find it amusing that whenever somebody bashes a game that is hyped/loved, the fanbase insists that it's because they don't "get" it, like it's their fault or something.

I love Metroid Prime, so anybody who doesn't like it is basically saying "boo, this game does things i aren't used to", and it's not the game's fault, it's THEIRS.
#96MetalGusREbirthPosted 11/17/2012 10:22:49 AM
VGAddict90 posted...
Sorry to double-post, but I don't see a review on Gamespot's page.

Couldn't find it either. Anyone has a real working direct link to it?
#97SkyCrackersPosted 11/17/2012 10:24:56 AM
I thought the review was very resonable. He made a good point about the game focusing too much on melee combat, that seems like the wrong path for the game to take.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#98crowkillersPosted 11/17/2012 10:26:43 AM
So is the Cricket bat the only Melee weapon in the game..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#99LeSomeGuyPosted 11/17/2012 10:27:51 AM
The problem with the review seem to be they reviewed the game as a zombie shooter like Black Ops 2's zombie mode, as opposed to horror survival game like Resident Evil 1 & 2.
#100DynheartPosted 11/17/2012 10:32:53 AM(edited)
SebVettel posted...
I find it amusing that whenever somebody bashes a game that is hyped/loved, the fanbase insists that it's because they don't "get" it, like it's their fault or something.

I love Metroid Prime, so anybody who doesn't like it is basically saying "boo, this game does things i aren't used to", and it's not the game's fault, it's THEIRS.

They fine. But review the game as it should be.

You love Metroid Prime? What if bombed in the reviews because everyone reviewed as an FPS straight up? Would there have been a part 2 or 3 because it sold so poorly..(maybe not, word of mouth would have said otherwise...epic game)?

This review is not just an opinion, but he giving an opinion basing as if it were an action game. It's in his wording. It's how he is playing; and it disappoints him. It's obvious.

That would be like someone being PO'd that they couldn't run and gun in a Metal Gear Solid game. You could, but you would tear apart the developers vision...and the game would get a bad score to boot.

Like I said, though, it is what it is. But for god sake, know what you are playing first.

I will say this. He had some points. The melee combat looked clunky. The AI looked dumb..but the are zombies, they are supposed to be dumb. If we made them smart, and they are in a horde? We would be complaining.

I'm just going to chill and see how this unfolds. I have a feeling there will be a lot of high scores, and a lot of low scores.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2