Wii U worst launch ever ?

#51SnakeWeskerPosted 11/17/2012 11:11:51 AM
Honestly, it might be. But I'm still getting one. I still think ZombiU will be good.

But really I just want to have one for when Pikmin 3 and Rayman come out.
---
Neither Snake nor Wesker, but a perfect combination of the two.
I'm a Game Design student. Probably the next CliffyB.
#52JKatarnPosted 11/17/2012 11:13:51 AM
MirageMew2 posted...
Only tools listen to reviews. I know I played Zombi U myself, it was amazing, and intend on buying it day one.

I haven't played the game so I can't comment, but that statement is idiotic. Most people don't enjoy throwing $50/$60 or more away on a substandard game, so they make an informed purchasing decision by using metacritic/gameplay videos and demos/rentals before laying out the cash.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#53JKatarnPosted 11/17/2012 11:14:35 AM
Bufkus posted...
gumbyxcore99 posted...
skyward sword is definitely the worst zelda game of all time. and epic mickey 2 was never going to be good and nobody expected it to be

i'm pretty sure the very first zelda game is the worst in the series

I'm pretty sure you and him have zero idea what you're talking about - you are of course entitled to your respective opinions, but untold millions of gamers would disagree with you.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
#54En Sabah NurPosted 11/17/2012 11:15:36 AM
Bufkus posted...
gumbyxcore99 posted...
skyward sword is definitely the worst zelda game of all time. and epic mickey 2 was never going to be good and nobody expected it to be

Wrong. The very first one is actually pretty damn good considering when it released. The second game is worse.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#55JKatarnPosted 11/17/2012 11:17:58 AM
MisterSmee posted...
Virus66 posted...
People who hate Skyward Sword usually do so because they either hate Nintendo or hate motion controls. Kinda like the Gamestop review where the guy was playing the game incorrect the entire time, and failed to even try to learn how to play. It's like saying... "I keep hitting the R trigger in an attempt to jump in Mario, but it doesn't work!" The motion controls work famously fine and the game game a masterpiece. It's just in the 'hater' phase right now. Give it time and it'll settle in. Wind Waker was one of the most hated of the Zelda games until like... last year. Anyone who was around since that launch knows it to be true...

Or they just dislike it because it has a lot of problems?

Skyward sword suffered from a lot more than just motion controls.

Examples? Yes, it wasn't really revolutionary and had some backtracking, but the motion controls generally worked well if you have any degree of hand-eye coordination and are aware of the limits of the controls, and there were some interesting dungeons, puzzles and bosses along the way. It's not a perfect game, but I think this is another case of people blindly bashing a game because it's a Nintendo property and popular.
---
#56darknight06Posted 11/17/2012 11:22:37 AM
Zelda 1 and 2 were the best in the series. LttP, while still good, was the first to start dumbing it down. The only people I've noticed who say the first two were bad were those that simply couldn't hack it. Especially in the case of AoL. People act like that game was Battletoads hard...
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#57fawfulmark2Posted 11/17/2012 11:26:16 AM
Bufkus posted...
gumbyxcore99 posted...

please tell me you're f***ing joking.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#58SkyCrackersPosted 11/17/2012 11:28:01 AM(edited)
I agree that the first Zelda game is the worst in the series, as long as you don't count the Four Swords games. It's just... not very well-designed by today's standards. Each of the sequels was an improvement. I still like it a lot, though.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#59ChipChippersonPosted 11/17/2012 11:29:17 AM
Isn't Gamespot the site that gave a Ratchet&Clank title miserable reviews for having "too much variety"?
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#60_LordAndSaviorPosted 11/17/2012 11:36:15 AM
Virus66 posted...
People who hate Skyward Sword usually do so because they either hate Nintendo or hate motion controls. Kinda like the Gamestop review where the guy was playing the game incorrect the entire time, and failed to even try to learn how to play. It's like saying... "I keep hitting the R trigger in an attempt to jump in Mario, but it doesn't work!" The motion controls work famously fine and the game game a masterpiece. It's just in the 'hater' phase right now. Give it time and it'll settle in. Wind Waker was one of the most hated of the Zelda games until like... last year. Anyone who was around since that launch knows it to be true...

And I still hate Wind Waker and say it's the worst Zelda game ever.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.