Wii U worst launch ever ?

#61gumbyxcore99Posted 11/17/2012 12:38:41 PM
The motion controls were completely terrible and should have been 100% optional. Even then the game still sucked. Link to the past and links awakening are actually the only good titles in the Zelda series
#62JKatarnPosted 11/17/2012 12:49:22 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
The motion controls were completely terrible and should have been 100% optional. Even then the game still sucked. Link to the past and links awakening are actually the only good titles in the Zelda series

Either you didn't have the Wii-Remote calibrated properly, were sitting 20" from the sensor bar or were just waving your arms like crazy expecting the Wii-Remote to exactly duplicate the motion - I've just about completed the game and a save some glitches here and there the motion control worked just fine. Also, yet another post that claims "X game sucks" without any qualifying information or without qualifying why the alternatives are better. Apparently. "I like X and X games in a series" = "every other game sucks". I'm going to assume you're about 13-16 years old.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#63BeerOnTapPosted 11/17/2012 12:50:53 PM
People doubted the Wii as well. I consider it a pretty successful console, don't you?
I am being rather conservative with money lately, as I am still paying off what's left of my Amazon.com credit card bill from the purchase of my awesome gaming laptop. Otherwise, I would be buying Wii U day one. It won't be long though. Once I land a stable job, I'll buy one. Zombie U looks freakin' epic. I want it so bad. I hope Nintendo takes online more seriously. And I hope they really get behind the potential of First Person Shooters on this console with that Pro controller, and don't ignore the more adult audience of this console like they did with the Wii. The Wii seemed to not have any FPS potential. And games like Mario Kart would be better if they allowed a more robust online system like Xbox Live has. And they need to REALLY be active on banning hackers/cheaters. That completely RUINS the online experience.
#64Rickoon5Posted 11/17/2012 12:53:51 PM
I have the best opinion! Everyone else only has a bad opinion! Unless they agree with me!!1 Nostalgia > Innovation & Creativity, but I'll still complain if something is too similar to something I already like, because it's not SAME enough. Controls are clunky! But not clunky enough! Zelda 1 was clunkier! I have no coordination! But that's a good thing! Wahh...nostalgia...wahh.

Do I fit in now?
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#65fawfulmark2Posted 11/17/2012 12:56:07 PM
nah, I think the DS was the worst.

first major game worth playing to come out was Canvas Curse,nearly a whole year later.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#66bond465Posted 11/17/2012 12:57:44 PM
LegendAssassin posted...
It is gamespot... They gave Skyward Sword a 7.2

Haha. The difference here is zombiu got a 4.5. Not a 7.2. No "great" game has gotten a 4.5 from a serious video game reviewer.
#67masterkirby3Posted 11/17/2012 1:03:31 PM
Isn't Gamespot the site that gave a Ratchet&Clank title miserable reviews for having "too much variety"?

I sincerely hope you're joking...
---
PSN: TwilightKirby3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Chaosmajin328?feature=mhee
#68UnderratedGamerPosted 11/17/2012 1:04:34 PM
Bufkus posted...
gumbyxcore99 posted...
skyward sword is definitely the worst zelda game of all time. and epic mickey 2 was never going to be good and nobody expected it to be

i'm pretty sure the very first zelda game is the worst in the series

*Cough* Zelda 2 *Cough*
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#69UnderratedGamerPosted 11/17/2012 1:05:43 PM
mrstriker815 posted...
MrSRArter posted...
3DS and PS3 both tie for the worst launches.

I'll Say the 3ds was the worst ever. It was nothing i wanted to buy until Zelda and that was a port lol.

Dude...the Vita is worse.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#70ChancreScolexPosted 11/17/2012 1:17:04 PM(edited)
UnderratedGamer posted...
mrstriker815 posted...
MrSRArter posted...
3DS and PS3 both tie for the worst launches.

I'll Say the 3ds was the worst ever. It was nothing i wanted to buy until Zelda and that was a port lol.

Dude...the Vita is worse.

Lmao, ok I know you're joking on that one. Either way worst launch probably goes to the last 3 console systems easily. Wait, I take that back. 360 had Condemned, so it's between the PS3 and the Wii. PS2 wasn't all that hot during launch either.