WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#1AXKSIONPosted 11/17/2012 12:58:38 PM
*some of us don't care* (topic title isn't long enough)

TLDR version: You can shut it, about Wii U tech not being up to par or whatever. What matters are the games, and your PC and ShooterStations and ShooterBoxes do not provide a good experience for me.

What matters the most is games and Sony and Mircosoft do not have the games to compete. Do they both have games that can compete with the likes of Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Donkey Kong? All those game franchises give experiences that I am unable to get on different consoles.

I see a lot of people saying stuff like "hurrrr duuuurrrr dah Wii U is dah old teck and dah stuff".

Well, you see I do not give a flying f about tech, since what matters the most are the games, and Nintendo always delivers in that department. Seriously, tell me what other games are nearly as good and fun as Nintendo's, because the ShooterStation and ShooterBox seriously do not do it for me. I AM SERIOUSLY SICK TO DEATH OF YOUR CASUAL SHOOTER EXPERIENCES ON CONSOLES UP THE WAZOO. SERIOUSLY, MUST EVERY GAME BE A FREAKING SHOOTER???. Thank goodness Nintendo's game library isn't full of casual generic shooters. I am done with Sony, and have been done with Xbox for years now.

And PC? Don't even start about that. Show me the games, not the crappy MMOs. About the only thing you guys have that I want is Amnesia.

I want JRPGs and aside from the Souls games and Lost Odyssey and Tales, this gen really sucks. Hell, even Final Fantasy got ruined.

What matters the most is games, not tech. Unless your systems can play Nintendo games, I'm not interested. Also I am hoping that Nintendo becomes the system for JRPGs.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#2Godstriker8Posted 11/17/2012 1:01:35 PM
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#3ColorfulColorsPosted 11/17/2012 1:04:59 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

This is probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

What do you THINK is the problem with that?
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#4strongo9Posted 11/17/2012 1:05:13 PM
ITT: PCs only have MMOs.

Lol.
---
Want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#5NintendologicalPosted 11/17/2012 1:05:27 PM
#BlogFaqs
#Nintendrone

Get over yourself. If you don't mind paying $300 to play Nintendo games, knock yourself out. Other people enjoy variety from first and third party publishes. You go and play Mario and Zelda while the rest of us enjoy Skyrim, Uncharted, Street Fighter x Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock and a slew of other games that Nintendo only fans missed out on. I love Mario Kart and Zelda and other Nintendo IP, but that doesn't mean I will gimp myself with some immature loyalty to Nintendo. Preference is one thing, but you need to get your life. I am a gamer first, so I care most about fun, not about justifying how my platform of choice is "the best." I stopped doing that when I was 14 and had a Sega Saturn. Play what you like.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#6Kabuto_YPosted 11/17/2012 1:05:35 PM
PC has the games, but based on your rage you're too attached to very specific franchises to be willing to try and look at something that provides a similar, potentially better experience.

Other consoles have many of these games as well, although the 360 and PS3 boil down to inferior PCs with only minimal exclusives that are worth anything.
#7mike_411Posted 11/17/2012 1:05:36 PM
lol you make me laugh TC.
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#8GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/17/2012 1:07:41 PM
These shooters are all the same! I want an innovative, new experience!

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go wait in line for New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I can replay New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros. 2 while I wait. Gotta get those coins for that brand new title screen!

Also, I heard that Nintendo is developing a new Zelda title, in which you control a hero named "Link" and pursue the princess Zelda. We'll get to explore dungeons, collect items, play an instrument, ride an animal, fish and kill an evil Sorceror named... let's see here... "Ganon." Wow, what a great idea for a new game! Nintendo's the best!
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#9AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:10:14 PM
Godstriker8 posted...

I have owned a 360 but it has RRoD'd.

Tell me, does 360 have any good games? (aside from Lost Odyssey?)

I own a PS3. Games that are not shooters are too far between. Only super worthwhile things are the Souls games, and Tales series.

Where are the turn based JRPGs and quality JRPGs at? Where'd they go?

"even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?"

because shooters don't count as games. they're like angry birds and farmville, as in they're designed for people who dislike video games. See, Clone of Duty and "games" like those have bare bones gameplay and have no depth to them. All you do is run around shooting stuff. Not like there's any non-linear maps or puzzles and exploration and good cool things like that. Just watered down, generic, casual gaming experiences with bare bones gameplay experience. It's ruining gaming.

Kabuto_Y posted...
PC has the games, but based on your rage you're too attached to very specific franchises to be willing to try and look at something that provides a similar, potentially better experience.

Other consoles have many of these games as well, although the 360 and PS3 boil down to inferior PCs with only minimal exclusives that are worth anything.

I am just waiting in anticipation to hear about these "Nintendo-like" experiences.

Oh and PC emulators for Nintendo systems doesn't count either.

GreatTroySensei posted...
Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go wait in line for New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I can replay New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros. 2 while I wait.

To be fair, I dislike the rehashed NSMB series and wish we could get a Mario more along the lines of SMW, SMB3, and especially Yoshi's Island.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#10ColorfulColorsPosted 11/17/2012 1:10:56 PM
I loled at this topic's stupidity.

Remember, this is from the same guy who accused the NSMB series for being a rehash! Irony!
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000