WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#101laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 5:31:34 PM
super_luigi16 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
super_luigi16 posted...
wisemidds posted...
Sounds like TC is tiered and its waaaaay past his bed time.

For someone trying to be so smug in their flame, you can't even spell "tired" correctly.

Also, ITT: Every PC/PS3/360 fanboy has the compulsive need to defend their consoles/computers and reassure that they haven't wasted their lives playing shooters. Pathetic.

Or maybe people just want to correct someone for making enormous and inaccurate generalizations about the other systems. As you can see from my earlier post, those are all the 360 games I have that aren't shooters. In fact, I have more non-shooter games than shooter games for 360. Same for my PC.

By saying PC/360/PS3 is all shooter games, you and TC only open up the floodgates for people to say Nintendo consoles are only for kiddie games, another incorrect generalization.

And you prove my point with that very post. If you're going to justify such an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" with a response, then perhaps you are way too insecure about what you're playing (and possibly TC has a point with regards to that notion, but that remains to be seen). I find it hard to fathom that every PS3/360/PC fanboy that has entered this topic and made a response bashing the TC is doing it solely to make the point that the TC is na´ve and to quash the generalization.

Also, using your anecdotal evidence of games that you have that aren't shooters doesn't prove anything. I could pull out ten shooter games that I have and claim that the 360 only has shooters. The generalization swings both ways, and it would be an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" to take your "evidence" at face value.

I'm not justifying your generalization at all though, I'm arguing against it. By your logic, arguing against any generalization automatically affirms that generalization. Essentially, you are saying that arguing against a generalization means the generalization is true and that accepting the generalization means that it's true. So in essence, you are saying that everyone must accept the fact that PC/360/PS3 caters to shooter games first and foremost, which is an incorrect generalization.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#102Ruff_PuffPosted 11/17/2012 5:31:38 PM
Nintendological posted...
#BlogFaqs
#Nintendrone

Get over yourself. If you don't mind paying $300 to play Nintendo games, knock yourself out. Other people enjoy variety from first and third party publishes. You go and play Mario and Zelda while the rest of us enjoy Skyrim, Uncharted, Street Fighter x Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock and a slew of other games that Nintendo only fans missed out on. I love Mario Kart and Zelda and other Nintendo IP, but that doesn't mean I will gimp myself with some immature loyalty to Nintendo. Preference is one thing, but you need to get your life. I am a gamer first, so I care most about fun, not about justifying how my platform of choice is "the best." I stopped doing that when I was 14 and had a Sega Saturn. Play what you like.
#103MathewMansonPosted 11/17/2012 5:33:27 PM
Ruff_Puff posted...
Nintendological posted...
#BlogFaqs
#Nintendrone

Get over yourself. If you don't mind paying $300 to play Nintendo games, knock yourself out. Other people enjoy variety from first and third party publishes. You go and play Mario and Zelda while the rest of us enjoy Skyrim, Uncharted, Street Fighter x Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock and a slew of other games that Nintendo only fans missed out on. I love Mario Kart and Zelda and other Nintendo IP, but that doesn't mean I will gimp myself with some immature loyalty to Nintendo. Preference is one thing, but you need to get your life. I am a gamer first, so I care most about fun, not about justifying how my platform of choice is "the best." I stopped doing that when I was 14 and had a Sega Saturn. Play what you like.

The Wii U won't be missing out on this stuff. Bioshock 3 is on the Wii U--giving an example. The Nintendo Wii was generally the only system Nintendo has ever released which lacked what the other systems had.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#104SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 5:34:51 PM
off topic but i agree luigi is better then mario.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#105ColorfulColorsPosted 11/17/2012 5:36:08 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
off topic but i agree luigi is better then mario.

WHY NO ONE PAY ATTENTION TO WEEGEE?!
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#106capcat123Posted 11/17/2012 5:36:15 PM
i liked gamefaqs better when it wasn't a giant circlejerk
---
My Body Is Ready
#107GigaVoltsPosted 11/17/2012 5:37:13 PM
TC, stop. I love Nintendo. But the other consoles and PC have their merits too. And they don't just have shooters and mmos or whatever. e a real gamer and enjoy other console, Nintendo isn't the only one that makes good games.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#108laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 5:37:36 PM
capcat123 posted...
i liked gamefaqs better when it wasn't a giant circlejerk

It's more like a huge brawl and c**k fight, but yeah. Welcome to Console Wars/Console Launches.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#109super_luigi16Posted 11/17/2012 5:39:14 PM
laxnd23 posted...
super_luigi16 posted...
And you prove my point with that very post. If you're going to justify such an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" with a response, then perhaps you are way too insecure about what you're playing (and possibly TC has a point with regards to that notion, but that remains to be seen). I find it hard to fathom that every PS3/360/PC fanboy that has entered this topic and made a response bashing the TC is doing it solely to make the point that the TC is na´ve and to quash the generalization.

Also, using your anecdotal evidence of games that you have that aren't shooters doesn't prove anything. I could pull out ten shooter games that I have and claim that the 360 only has shooters. The generalization swings both ways, and it would be an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" to take your "evidence" at face value.

I'm not justifying your generalization at all though, I'm arguing against it. By your logic, arguing against any generalization automatically affirms that generalization. Essentially, you are saying that arguing against a generalization means the generalization is true and that accepting the generalization means that it's true. So in essence, you are saying that everyone must accept the fact that PC/360/PS3 caters to shooter games first and foremost, which is an incorrect generalization.

Extending my argument beyond the bounds of my argument proves absolutely nothing as I said nothing that would suggest that notion. Again, I reiterate that if it were such an out-of-proportion generalization, why would all of these fanboys even justify it with a response? Why are you affirming its legitimacy with a response? It makes it pretty obvious that most respondents actually do agree that it is a legitimate generalization given their adamant flames/arguments/fallacies used to address the generalization. Also, let me make this perfectly clear: I am NOT arguing that arguing against a generalization automatically affirms that it is true in all instances. You're making (gasp) generalizations that simply aren't true and are beyond the scope of what I posted.
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project: Paper Mario: Sticker Star FAQ/Walkthrough (co-authored with RedIsPoetic)
#110laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 5:45:20 PM(edited)
super_luigi16 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
super_luigi16 posted...

Extending my argument beyond the bounds of my argument proves absolutely nothing as I said nothing that would suggest that notion. Again, I reiterate that if it were such an out-of-proportion generalization, why would all of these fanboys even justify it with a response? Why are you affirming its legitimacy with a response? It makes it pretty obvious that most respondents actually do agree that it is a legitimate generalization given their adamant flames/arguments/fallacies used to address the generalization. Also, let me make this perfectly clear: I am NOT arguing that arguing against a generalization automatically affirms that it is true in all instances. You're making (gasp) generalizations that simply aren't true and are beyond the scope of what I posted.

Actually no I'm not because you are saying that by responding to your post or TC's post, we are actually affirming its legitimacy. That isn't true. I know this might be hard for you to grasp, but maybe so many people are arguing against it because (gasp) it's not true and we are correcting TC of his generalizations. Perhaps you should've thought of that.

EDIT: So then by saying our arguments against this statement only affirms the generalization, you are in fact saying that arguing only proves the generalization, which then means that in your opinion, arguments against the generalization prove it true, or acceptance proves the generalization true.

BTW, Mario kicks Luigi's ass.
---