WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#111SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 5:47:10 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
off topic but i agree luigi is better then mario.

WHY NO ONE PAY ATTENTION TO WEEGEE?!

dude stop. nobody that likes luigi more then mario likes him more JUST because he's an underdog.

1.mario is a one dimensional character,luigi is not
2.i like green more then red
3.i can relate to him luigi is constantly treated as a lesser person as am i
4.luigi is also alot smarter then mario
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#112AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:48:14 PM
MelvinX93 posted...
AXKSION posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

I have owned a 360 but it has RRoD'd.

Tell me, does 360 have any good games? (aside from Lost Odyssey?)

I own a PS3. Games that are not shooters are too far between. Only super worthwhile things are the Souls games, and Tales series.

Where are the turn based JRPGs and quality JRPGs at? Where'd they go?

Lol WUT? Dude.... Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, White Knight Chronicles 1&2 (2 is better though). infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, 3d dot game heroes, Resonance of Fate, Record of Agarest War Zero. All say hello. What are you talking about?
Also (all I listed are the ones I have) there is also Valkyria Chronicles, and One Piece is a great game too.

Oh yeah, I forgot Valkyria Chronicles. All the other games on your list are pretty bleh though.

laxnd23 posted...
By saying PC/360/PS3 is all shooter games, you and TC only open up the floodgates for people to say Nintendo consoles are only for kiddie games, another incorrect generalization.

They cannot say Nintendo is a kiddie console. I mean, Nintendo has the most hardcore game series on it, Monster Hunter.

Oh and for the record, not for one second do I believe you that you finished Super Mario Bros 3, when you were 3 years old.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#113super_luigi16Posted 11/17/2012 5:49:41 PM
laxnd23 posted...
super_luigi16 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
super_luigi16 posted...
And you prove my point with that very post. If you're going to justify such an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" with a response, then perhaps you are way too insecure about what you're playing (and possibly TC has a point with regards to that notion, but that remains to be seen). I find it hard to fathom that every PS3/360/PC fanboy that has entered this topic and made a response bashing the TC is doing it solely to make the point that the TC is na´ve and to quash the generalization.

Also, using your anecdotal evidence of games that you have that aren't shooters doesn't prove anything. I could pull out ten shooter games that I have and claim that the 360 only has shooters. The generalization swings both ways, and it would be an "enormous and inaccurate generalization" to take your "evidence" at face value.

I'm not justifying your generalization at all though, I'm arguing against it. By your logic, arguing against any generalization automatically affirms that generalization. Essentially, you are saying that arguing against a generalization means the generalization is true and that accepting the generalization means that it's true. So in essence, you are saying that everyone must accept the fact that PC/360/PS3 caters to shooter games first and foremost, which is an incorrect generalization.

Extending my argument beyond the bounds of my argument proves absolutely nothing as I said nothing that would suggest that notion. Again, I reiterate that if it were such an out-of-proportion generalization, why would all of these fanboys even justify it with a response? Why are you affirming its legitimacy with a response? It makes it pretty obvious that most respondents actually do agree that it is a legitimate generalization given their adamant flames/arguments/fallacies used to address the generalization. Also, let me make this perfectly clear: I am NOT arguing that arguing against a generalization automatically affirms that it is true in all instances. You're making (gasp) generalizations that simply aren't true and are beyond the scope of what I posted.

Actually no I'm not because you are saying that by responding to your post or TC's post, we are actually affirming its legitimacy. That isn't true. I know this might be hard for you to grasp, but maybe so many people are arguing against it because (gasp) it's not true and we are correcting TC of his generalizations. Perhaps you should've thought of that.

Attacking me personally because I might be correct? Ad hominem is a great indicator that one is losing an argument.

Again, I argue that its frankly unfathomable that 50+ fanboys would come running in here and feel the compulsion to post simply because of TC's generalization. For instance, why even justify this topic with a response when they're might be 10, maybe 20 posts in before you stating the exact same thing? Is it because there might be some merit to the generalization? That seems to be the case when a topic has racked up 100+ posts relatively quickly...
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project: Paper Mario: Sticker Star FAQ/Walkthrough (co-authored with RedIsPoetic)
#114laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 5:50:51 PM
AXKSION posted...
MelvinX93 posted...
AXKSION posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

I have owned a 360 but it has RRoD'd.

Tell me, does 360 have any good games? (aside from Lost Odyssey?)

I own a PS3. Games that are not shooters are too far between. Only super worthwhile things are the Souls games, and Tales series.

Where are the turn based JRPGs and quality JRPGs at? Where'd they go?

Lol WUT? Dude.... Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, White Knight Chronicles 1&2 (2 is better though). infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, 3d dot game heroes, Resonance of Fate, Record of Agarest War Zero. All say hello. What are you talking about?
Also (all I listed are the ones I have) there is also Valkyria Chronicles, and One Piece is a great game too.

Oh yeah, I forgot Valkyria Chronicles. All the other games on your list are pretty bleh though.

laxnd23 posted...
By saying PC/360/PS3 is all shooter games, you and TC only open up the floodgates for people to say Nintendo consoles are only for kiddie games, another incorrect generalization.

They cannot say Nintendo is a kiddie console. I mean, Nintendo has the most hardcore game series on it, Monster Hunter.

Oh and for the record, not for one second do I believe you that you finished Super Mario Bros 3, when you were 3 years old.

Don't believe it if you don't want to. I have no physical evidence to prove it because I never really figured I'd need it, especially at 3 years old when I had no idea what parts of internet existed past lego.com and yahooligans.com. But I did in fact beat those 3 games on the NES at 3 and again on the SNES via SM All Stars+SMW. Take it for what you will.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#115RainingMetalPosted 11/17/2012 5:53:29 PM
Looks like another biased JRPG fanboy topic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#116w00dm4nPosted 11/17/2012 5:55:12 PM
i care cause i want more Metroid Prime
#117SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 6:00:07 PM
w00dm4n posted...

won't happen retro is done with metriod and working on something else[i personally hope its a zelda game]
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#118laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 6:02:15 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
w00dm4n posted...

won't happen retro is done with metriod and working on something else[i personally hope its a zelda game]

I would love a gritty Zelda game that has a similar character art type like Twilight Princess but an environmental design akin to Skyrim or Baldur's Gate were Baldur's Gate not isometric.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#119MathewMansonPosted 11/17/2012 6:03:05 PM
No three year old could beat Super Mario Bros. 3. Liar.

Three year old children don't even have proper coordination.

Phony...you're a great big phony!
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#120DreDayyPosted 11/17/2012 6:05:24 PM(edited)
you sound bitter.

also pcs play wii games better than the wii does
---
|i7 3930k|Rampage IV Formula|16gb 2133mhz|GTX 680|Samsung 830 128gb|Crucial M4 128gb|2 x 1TB WD Black|NZXT Switch 810|AX 850|H100|