WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#161laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 8:30:16 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

This guy is no Nintendo fan boy though, he's a troll

Open minded gamer = troll, classic Baha idiocy.

No that's not Baha idiocy. This guy is a well known troll on here, the PS3 boards, and his lower cased alt is a troll on the 3DS boards. Basically he will ask for advice and opinions, then proceed to disregard every bit of advice and then insult the poster if their advice doesn't fall in line with his previously formed and unknown opinion.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#162art_of_the_killPosted 11/17/2012 8:34:08 PM
People say that the Wii U has one of the best launch lineups ever. It owes a lot of that to the PS3/360.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#163BadDecisionsPosted 11/17/2012 8:44:33 PM
I have tried a ton of games, but the problem is that they suck.

Maybe you're playing the wrong games. Perhaps try the ones I suggested?

Glob of War - AAARRRHHH AARRRR I'M KRATOS, I'M ANGRY AND KILL EVERYONE, INNOCENT PEOPLE CUZ I'M A DOUCHE - and then you have the linear cinematic set piece stuff, QTEs, kindergarten level block puzzles, shallow gameplay, etc.

Play Devil May Cry (1 and 3) or Bayonetta if you think you'd like similar gameplay but... good and with any sort of depth. Not sure DMC1 holds up anymore, but 3 and Bayonetta still define the action genre.

Halo - the first at the time was good, but now the series is the same as any other shootie.

The first is still pretty okay, and I feel the other Halos are slightly better than other modern shooters, but I think it's just because I like it when games have more than three colors on the screen at the time. Also, stop playing regular shooters if you already know you don't like shooters and play something like Vanquish.

don't like fighters aside from Mortal Kombat

That's gross, you're gross.

Ratchet & Clank series has not been good since PS2 ones
Infamous - very meh

I don't have a PS3.

gears of war - you shoot things in third person perspective for a couple hours and then finish the game. big whoop.

GoW is pretty great in small doses, but if you're like trying to finish the game in one or two sittings I can see how you'd want to never play it ever again.

LBP - no cool characters, bad physics and floaty controls. Not fun at all. I'll stick with Mario.

Yeah, really. I've actually played a lot of it, and **** this game. Quirkiness doesn't make up for clunkiness.

Final Fantasy XIII onward is horrible.

Yeah. No suggestion there, either, 'cause JRPGs aren't really a thing anymore. Maybe Solotarobo, but you've almost certainly already played that because you make your home at the base of Nintendo's dick.

Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory is horrible

Never been into Splinter Cell, no suggestions.

Resident Evil past 4 is horrible.

Past 3, imo.

Ninja Gaiden 3 was horrible, and so will NG3RE.

Play 1 and 2 if you haven't. Entirely different games from 3.

Ultimately, though, it looks like you're just looking at megahuge franchises. You're approaching the 360 and PS3 with a Nintendo mindset, and that won't work this generation. The big names are disappointing. It's smaller titles that you need to watch out for. Like, on a Nintendo console, any Nintendo console, chances are at least 8 of the 10 best games are going to be huge franchises, and that isn't even kind of the case with the other two consoles or the PC. Open your mind, play other games.

PS3 has plenty of RPGs, more so than Wii.

And none near the quality of Xenoblade or The Last Story.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#164MelbrankoPosted 11/17/2012 8:53:45 PM
1...2...3... KICK IT.
Age of Empires.
Alice Madness Returns.
Assassin's Creed series
Audiosurf
Awesomenauts
Back To The Future - The Game
Bastion
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bionic Commando
Blur
Blocks That Matter
Braid
Breath of Death VII
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Castle Crashers
Cave Story
Chantelise
Chime
Crayon Physics
Crazy Taxi
Cthulhu Saves The World
Darksiders
Dead Rising
Devil May Cry 4
Diablo
DiRT
Driver
Dungeon Defenders
Dustforce
Eets
Total War
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
From Dust
Geometry Wars
Giana Sisters
Gish
Gratuitous Space Battles
Gravitron
Half-Minute Hero
Hell Yeah
Hammerfight
Jamestown
Jet Set Radio
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Last Remnant
Lego series
Lone Survivor
Limbo
Lugaru
Machinarium
Mass Effect
Microsoft Flight
Multiwinia
Need For Speed
Nightsky
Orcs Must Die
Osmos
OutRun
Plants Vs Zombies
Poker Night
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Psychonauts
Rayman
Recettear
Renegade Ops
Retro City Rampage
Revenge of the titans
Ricochet
Rochard
Rock of Ages
Rocket Knight
Sega Bass Fishing
Sequence
Shatter
Shank
The Ship
SimCity
Sine Mora
Sky Drift
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Sonic CD
Sonic Generations
Sonic 4
Space Channel 5
Spiral Knights
Spore
Stacking
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Starcraft
Super Meat Boy
Super Street Fighter IV
Terrario
Tony Hawk
Torchlight
Shogun 2
Train Simulator
Trials
Trine
Tropico
Turba
Vessel
Virtua Tennis
VVVVVV
The Walking Dead
Wizorb
The Wonderful End Of The World
World of Goo
Worms
Ys
Scribblenauts unlimited
Toki Tori
Football Manager
Sam & Max
#165DavCubePosted 11/17/2012 8:54:56 PM
sonic777 posted...
Are.... Are Nintendo fans still really like this?

If you have to ask that question about any fanbase, the answer is always no and the thread is complete trolling.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#166Ryan SiPosted 11/17/2012 8:59:04 PM
Really...it's about the games. PC has an indie scene Nintendo could only dream of. We're talking innovative titles not bound by console policy restrictions and and sales BS.

I've picked up about 20 PC titles for the same price I've paid for my 10 game deep PS3 collection.

You're getting ripped off bro, while I'm enjoying game after game.
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#167YoungGganonPosted 11/17/2012 9:07:18 PM
First off not every game has been a shooter. And as much as I want to agree with you TC I can't. Why? Because you're a jerk.

Nintendo has become just like the CoD franchise, maybe even worse as much as it destroys whatever nostalgic connections I have left of the original Mario and Pokemon. They just focus on the same game series, most of them not even really changing for the most part and then giving them new names with a few more additions to it.

That's just about your same complaint with shooters. Look at Mario. Mario is dead to me because Nintendo had to butcher it and constantly rip the name off just to make money. Others like Pokemon and Zelda are starting to head in that direction too I think.

Oh yeah, you ever hear of a game called Tekken? Or how about Mass Effect? Skyrim? Maybe Need for Speed? Dragon Age? Final Fantasy? Kingdom Hearts? XCOM?

I have more examples of non FPS games but I really don't want to waste the time of an ignorant gamer such as yourself.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#168googlerPosted 11/17/2012 9:10:19 PM
"What matters the most is games and Sony and Mircosoft do not have the games to compete. Do they both have games that can compete with the likes of Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Donkey Kong? All those game franchises give experiences that I am unable to get on different consoles."

I'm guessing that maybe they don't like or give a **** about those games?...or maybe they outgrew them
#169Bosniak10Posted 11/17/2012 9:28:05 PM
You mad, TC?
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#170MidgardDragon99Posted 11/17/2012 9:48:21 PM
Okay, I love Nintendo, I am eventually getting a WiiU, while FPS360 might be accurate for that console, the PS3 has FAR more variety than what your derogatory little "shooterstation" name suggests.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon