WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#21AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:41:21 PM
LordPoncho posted...
So a shooter that requires you to adapt to real players somehow takes less skill than a game where you have to memorize enemy patterns?

Keep it up tc, I'm loving this.

The only online shooter I like is Uncharted 3 and my highest online score ever, last night was 46 kills, 14 deaths and 1 capture, in plunder.

Usually same routine every match. FPS require even less skill than TPS too!

SMASHKING84 posted...
this is the one thing i disagree with tc on:
"older mario games took skill”
no not really aside from lost levels they all just SEEMED hard because you were a little kid when you played them,imo sunshine and the galaxy series is harder then most 2d marios[the key exceptions being lost levels smb3 and nsmb wii]

I was about to correct you on SMB3, but I see you did list it.

Super Mario Bros is really difficult too. I think my record for beating that game is 11 times in a row.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#22spicyitalian739Posted 11/17/2012 1:42:55 PM(edited)
To those bashing TC, has it ever occurred to your thick skulls that some of us prefer different forms of art than you?

Some like Rap, some like Metal, some like Jazz.

Some like Baroque, some like Modern, some like Cubist.

Some like Indie, some like MMOs, some like Shooters with great graphics, and some like Retro.

STFU and get over yourselves. Games are art, and it's ridiculous that you trolls have to bash us for having different tastes than you. I agree with this topic 100%. Can't we all just come together on the positive aspects of what we agree on instead of being judgmental jerk-faces that can't accept that somebody else legitimately likes a different type of art than ourselves?

Like, I would rather play Persona 4 Golden on my Vita, or Mighty Switch Force on my Wii U than play any graphical showpiece on a new console. That's what I find entertaining. Get over it.
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!
#23SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 1:43:57 PM
LordPoncho posted...
So a shooter that requires you to adapt to real players somehow takes less skill than a game where you have to memorize enemy patterns?

Keep it up tc, I'm loving this.

as if real life players never use certain patterns.
the difference is that there patterns are really easy to predict unless they're actually good at the game.

but imo 99% players online are about as hard to figure out there patterns as a zelda boss[including my self] then the other 1% is like fighting a boss in a game like super meat boy.

hard to predict but still predictable.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#24SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 1:53:46 PM
i don't consider smb 1 hard anymore. i can beat it without dying of course i've been playing it since i was 6 or so but still i cannot beat smb3 without dying yet and i've been playing it almost as long.

smw is kinda hard but only if you play the snes version,if you play the gba version its a cake walk.

i don't really think any mario game except sunshine and lost levels is trully hard.

and by that i mean games like smb3 may be challenging but they never get to the point of being so brutally hard you want to break something.

in other words hard but not frustrating. i don't really like it but no game is considered hard unless it's frustratingly hard so that's why i say the other marios aren't hard.

i really never cared if a game is easy anyways,shantae risky's revenge and the kirby series are the easiest games i ever played but i still love them.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#25GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/17/2012 1:59:43 PM(edited)
Virus66 posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
These shooters are all the same! I want an innovative, new experience!

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go wait in line for New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I can replay New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros. 2 while I wait. Gotta get those coins for that brand new title screen!

Also, I heard that Nintendo is developing a new Zelda title, in which you control a hero named "Link" and pursue the princess Zelda. We'll get to explore dungeons, collect items, play an instrument, ride an animal, fish and kill an evil Sorceror named... let's see here... "Ganon." Wow, what a great idea for a new game! Nintendo's the best!

And that's better than CoD where you play as a soldier who is hunting down a terrorist to save the world from nuclear annihilation? Or what about Uncharted. You play as a guy named Drake who is hunting for treasure and comes across another treasure hunter and they race to it! Halo, CoD, Uncharted, Gears, God of War, Assassin's Creed they all fall under the exact same formula as their own predecessors. They use familiar gameplay and plotlines with slight twists. ALL series do the same thing.

None of those series are nearly 30 years old. Granted I agree that shooter storylines are generally dumb as wood, but that's technically wrong. The new CoD has branching plotlines, with a family connection across decades. Same with AC. Gears had some surprisingly emotional moments. Halo has it's epic space opera.

More importantly, the gameplay in those games beyond the core [run, shoot, repeat] does change between installments - sometimes greatly. The NSMB series is far lazier than even CoD in that regard.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#26JonnyBigBossPosted 11/17/2012 1:58:53 PM(edited)
ITT a guy who has no idea what he's talking about. No games on PC? I hope you aren't anybody important In real life. Your naivety is dangerous.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
#27ZvolTxPosted 11/17/2012 2:01:12 PM
because shooters don't count as games. they're like angry birds and farmville, as in they're designed for people who dislike video games. See, Clone of Duty and "games" like those have bare bones gameplay and have no depth to them

As opposed to your precious jRPG which are hailed as being story focused, not gameplay focused? I don't call a brainless game of checkers "gameplay", sorry, but your argument is invalid.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#28FenderMasterPosted 11/17/2012 2:06:05 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

really no point in arguing with those kids

"graphics don't matter"
"w00t Gearbox say WiiU is a powerful powerful machine!"
"Rayman Legends looks way better than anything PS360 can do!"
"meh, PS4 and 720 won't be much more powerful than current gen anyway"

"I'd rather play games with colour than grey brown shooters like every game on other consoles"
"omg ZombieU looks amazing, can't possibly fail"

"WiiU is a great price! I love that you have to pay extra for a HDD rather than get one included in the price like other consoles"

"External HDD's run through USB 2.0... too slow for reading games off you say? Well I don't understand, so I'm just going to assume you're wrong and call you a troll for questioning a hardware design choice, good day to you sir!"

"I've never noticed wifi being more laggy than ethernet so it can't possibly be true!"

"your opinion is different than mine, you're critical and question things, whereas I don't, therefore you are a troll"

Logic wins again eh?

don't bother fighting these kids, just wait a couple of years, pick up a WiiU for a reasonable price once 3D Zelda, Mario and Metroid comes out, and let them gorge on the ports we played months ago on other formats, and good (but not must have) games that aren't really worth buying a console for at launch.
---
I know street fighter way better then I know my wife. I keep getting caught in her frame traps -- Lazy Jones
#29MonadAlvisPosted 11/17/2012 2:07:05 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
because shooters don't count as games. they're like angry birds and farmville, as in they're designed for people who dislike video games. See, Clone of Duty and "games" like those have bare bones gameplay and have no depth to them

As opposed to your precious jRPG which are hailed as being story focused, not gameplay focused? I don't call a brainless game of checkers "gameplay", sorry, but your argument is invalid.

Yeah cause everyone buys that most popular of JRPG series' games because of the story.

Pokemon
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#30Baha05Posted 11/17/2012 2:08:33 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

This guy is no Nintendo fan boy though, he's a troll
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"