WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#31DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/17/2012 2:10:09 PM
http://myblogshame.com/wordpress/ispyshanghai/files/2008/12/reassurance-rice.jpg
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#32HeavenFoxLadyPosted 11/17/2012 2:10:23 PM
JRPGs have gotten old, you almost always play as some horribly dressed child, normally male. Who has to be stupid for whatever reason, and follow a generic storyline.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
#33SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 2:12:14 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
because shooters don't count as games. they're like angry birds and farmville, as in they're designed for people who dislike video games. See, Clone of Duty and "games" like those have bare bones gameplay and have no depth to them

As opposed to your precious jRPG which are hailed as being story focused, not gameplay focused? I don't call a brainless game of checkers "gameplay", sorry, but your argument is invalid.

story focused means they center the games design arround the plot.

call of duty actually has far more story then most rpgs but the story sucks,those jrpgs have lots of story and they actually TRY to have good writing.

and oh yeah i love how you glorify call of duty as deep when you litterally do nothing but shoot,hide from shots and run.

rpgs are not like f***ing checkers. checkers:move dialognoly in two directions.

rpgs allow you choose hundreds of different moves to do during your turn. if anything it's more like a card game then checkers.

but the key difference is rpgs aren't just about that gameplay but about telling a story.

call of duty is only about shooting people. NEWS FLASH you can play paint ball or laser tag in real life and its ten times more enjoyable then call of duty.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#34DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/17/2012 2:14:18 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
because shooters don't count as games. they're like angry birds and farmville, as in they're designed for people who dislike video games. See, Clone of Duty and "games" like those have bare bones gameplay and have no depth to them

As opposed to your precious jRPG which are hailed as being story focused, not gameplay focused? I don't call a brainless game of checkers "gameplay", sorry, but your argument is invalid.

story focused means they center the games design arround the plot.

call of duty actually has far more story then most rpgs but the story sucks,those jrpgs have lots of story and they actually TRY to have good writing.

and oh yeah i love how you glorify call of duty as deep when you litterally do nothing but shoot,hide from shots and run.

rpgs are not like f***ing checkers. checkers:move dialognoly in two directions.

rpgs allow you choose hundreds of different moves to do during your turn. if anything it's more like a card game then checkers.

but the key difference is rpgs aren't just about that gameplay but about telling a story.

call of duty is only about shooting people. NEWS FLASH you can play paint ball or laser tag in real life and its ten times more enjoyable then call of duty.

This is a very sad reassurance post.
---
#35MEFreak1984Posted 11/17/2012 2:17:46 PM
Fanboys like TC really gives fans like me an extremely bad name. I own a PS3, had a 360 till it Red Ringed me a third time (Three Strikes), and I own a 3DS, and Vita. I am also getting a Wii U tomorrow. If I like a system, and the games that are coming out for it, I'll buy it, I won't stay away from them just cause of the company behind it or if they have alot of shooters like CoD, Halo, etc. which I personally don't like, but don't let that dictate what systems I don't like.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
#36SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 2:20:56 PM
please explain how me stating the FACT rpgs don't play like checkers is reassurance.

maybe your just mad because i said call of duty is just like paint ball or lazer tag. i've played call of duty they do play like that. aside from ironically incorporating rpg elements[lol]
like leveling up gaining new skill as you level up etc hell most fpses now a days play like rpgs[just not turn based] to the point a game like borderlands seems redundant.

and frankly if rpgs suck so badly you wouldn't play fpses with rpg elements.
---
#37FenderMasterPosted 11/17/2012 2:21:07 PM
HeavenFoxLady posted...
JRPGs have gotten old, you almost always play as some horribly dressed child, normally male. Who has to be stupid for whatever reason, and follow a generic storyline.

Pretty much

Teenage hero (possibly amnesiac) discovers it's his destiny to save the world.
Is accompanied by a motley group of friends, including a scantily clad female, waif like amesiac girl, grissled older dude (possibly also comic relief role.

Gameplay involves wandering around towns with inconsequential npc dialogue, wandering the wilds with repetitive turn based menu driven combat/simplistic hack and slash combat. Magic spells with limited use spice things up a little.

Outside of repetitive battling, fighting the same enemy combination ad nauseum and inconsequential npc chatting you have cut scenes which drive the story. Usually just as cliched as any military shooter, and somehow even less mature

to quote Hiroshi Yamauchi (Nintendo president from NES-GC: "RPG's are slow repetitive games for depressed teenagers"

Exceptions of course do exist, Nier has a less cliched plot, Lost Odysee too. Paper Mario games have more involved gameplay besides simplistic wandering and repetitive battles, but by and large he's right. JRPG's are probably the least progressive of genres, the most cliched, the most padded and immature
---
I know street fighter way better then I know my wife. I keep getting caught in her frame traps -- Lazy Jones
#38SmackpwnPosted 11/17/2012 2:23:32 PM(edited)
lets face it consoles suck in todays generation, with no good launch titles and publishers wanting to sell hardware without good software

but if and when, 5 years down the line when the developers get off their asses and make good games, ill prob settle for Wii U as nintendo goes back to its roots, where the real good games were, and doesnt just settle for 6 hour campaign shooter fests than sony and microsoft love to settle on

right now, PC 4 LIFE, master race is dominating the sales world wide with titles such as league of legends (most played game of all time) and World of warcraft (most succesfull game of all time)

consoles get your act together, then maybe ill buy your console at 80% reduced price in the next 3 years
#39SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 2:27:32 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
Fanboys like TC really gives fans like me an extremely bad name. I own a PS3, had a 360 till it Red Ringed me a third time (Three Strikes), and I own a 3DS, and Vita. I am also getting a Wii U tomorrow. If I like a system, and the games that are coming out for it, I'll buy it, I won't stay away from them just cause of the company behind it or if they have alot of shooters like CoD, Halo, etc. which I personally don't like, but don't let that dictate what systems I don't like.

you don't get it do you it's not about the fact theres fpses it's about the fact they have so many of them other genres largely get ignored.

it's like owning a wii:maybe there are other games besides party games,but they're rare and usally aren't very good either.

i own vita,ps3,and 360 as well as wii and 3ds.
i litterally posted on the 360 and ps3 boards right after i bought them asking people for suggestions about good turn based rpgs. and they them self told me good luck after listing maybe like 5 games...
---
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/17/2012 2:28:51 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
please explain how me stating the FACT rpgs don't play like checkers is reassurance.

maybe your just mad because i said call of duty is just like paint ball or lazer tag. i've played call of duty they do play like that. aside from ironically incorporating rpg elements[lol]
like leveling up gaining new skill as you level up etc hell most fpses now a days play like rpgs[just not turn based] to the point a game like borderlands seems redundant.

and frankly if rpgs suck so badly you wouldn't play fpses with rpg elements.

It's mostly the tone of desperation and rage, really.
And now the jumping at shadows. How sad.
---