WiiU owners don't care about your PC, ShooterBoxes, and ShooterStations. Shut it

#41SlappysoupPosted 11/17/2012 2:34:18 PM
if shooters take no skill then how about you do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwG1zgc0_Q

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1mjtyLPSY&feature=related
---
You are reading this signature. People that agree with me=1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565220
#42evecharmevePosted 11/17/2012 2:35:35 PM
Guys we just want to bowl!
---
http://desertbus.org/
Watch them suffer for the children
#43StickMen1090Posted 11/17/2012 2:37:05 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

yet you are generalizing the fans to all think that
#44HeavenFoxLadyPosted 11/17/2012 2:39:04 PM
FenderMaster posted...
HeavenFoxLady posted...
JRPGs have gotten old, you almost always play as some horribly dressed child, normally male. Who has to be stupid for whatever reason, and follow a generic storyline.

Pretty much

Teenage hero (possibly amnesiac) discovers it's his destiny to save the world.
Is accompanied by a motley group of friends, including a scantily clad female, waif like amesiac girl, grissled older dude (possibly also comic relief role.

Gameplay involves wandering around towns with inconsequential npc dialogue, wandering the wilds with repetitive turn based menu driven combat/simplistic hack and slash combat. Magic spells with limited use spice things up a little.

Outside of repetitive battling, fighting the same enemy combination ad nauseum and inconsequential npc chatting you have cut scenes which drive the story. Usually just as cliched as any military shooter, and somehow even less mature

to quote Hiroshi Yamauchi (Nintendo president from NES-GC: "RPG's are slow repetitive games for depressed teenagers"

Exceptions of course do exist, Nier has a less cliched plot, Lost Odysee too. Paper Mario games have more involved gameplay besides simplistic wandering and repetitive battles, but by and large he's right. JRPG's are probably the least progressive of genres, the most cliched, the most padded and immature

I think he is right, I made that comment because I've played them for years, at some point I just gave up, the story and characters are all mostly the same. And I think JRPGs have went down in popularly over all as a result.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
#45CrysianiaPosted 11/17/2012 2:47:21 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
These shooters are all the same! I want an innovative, new experience!

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go wait in line for New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I can replay New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros. 2 while I wait. Gotta get those coins for that brand new title screen!

Also, I heard that Nintendo is developing a new Zelda title, in which you control a hero named "Link" and pursue the princess Zelda. We'll get to explore dungeons, collect items, play an instrument, ride an animal, fish and kill an evil Sorceror named... let's see here... "Ganon." Wow, what a great idea for a new game! Nintendo's the best!

Lol had me laughing.

It is right though, basically accusing other systems of being one trick ponies when nintendo's been holding onto the same few franchise's for a decade.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#46laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 2:51:54 PM(edited)
AXKSION posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Classic Ninty fanboy excuse of generalizing that every game on other systems are just "shooters"(even if it was true, why is that inherently a bad thing?

I have owned a 360 but it has RRoD'd.

Tell me, does 360 have any good games? (aside from Lost Odyssey?)

Well just looking at the 360 games I own, other than the military shooters, I have: Alan Wake, the Assassin's Creed games (which 3 will be on Wii U), Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (which Arkham City will be on Wii U), Red Dead Redemption, Mortal Kombat 9, Max Payne 3, Skyrim, Deadlight, Dusk: An Elysian Tail, Minecraft, Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Bastion, Dead Space 1 and 2, Silent Hill HD Collection (despite the tech flaws Konami actually created when "upgrading" the games are still very good), Silent Hill Downpour, Dishonored, Limbo, Braid, Toy Soldiers, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.

Those are all the good 360 games I have that aren't on a Nintendo System, other than Tony Hawk which incorporates games not seen since the N64.

Also, you need to realize that a game can still be good, even if it doesn't appeal to you. After all, I'm not a fan of Star Wars: KOTOR, but I recognize it as a very good game. Same way a lot of Humphrey Bogar movies don't appeal to me, but I recognize them as being very well done films.

EDIT: Forgot L.A. Noire up there.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#47MegagunstarmanPosted 11/17/2012 2:48:27 PM
All You Wii U owners are jealous of the 6670.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#48laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 2:50:19 PM
AXKSION posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Now you have a Shooter U, so grats?

On the contrary, most games on Nintendo systems are not shooters. Nintendo is not plagued by shooters nearly so much as the other systems.

Godstriker8 posted...
Shooters don't count because the gameplay is too simplistic? So you're a Mario hater as well.

Well, older Mario games took skill. The new NSMB series, not so much.

How did Mario games take skill? I beat all of those when I got Mario All Stars+SMW as a bundle when I got my SNES when I was 4. Mario games have rarely ever taken a great deal of skill. The only remotely challenging one was Lost Levels, and even then it wasn't exactly hard.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#49SMASHKING84Posted 11/17/2012 3:02:33 PM
your problem is you played the all stars version... the nes versions of those games are much much harder.

seriously its like calling smb3 easy if you only played the gba version[the easiest version]
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#50laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 3:03:56 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
your problem is you played the all stars version... the nes versions of those games are much much harder.

seriously its like calling smb3 easy if you only played the gba version[the easiest version]

I did play the NES versions. And beat those too. Actually before I even got that SNES. My next door neighbor had an NES and all the Mario games. Beat them there when I was 3. Again, they weren't hard.
---