This is going to be pretty dead after two-four years, just like the Wii.

#11STN79Posted 11/17/2012 6:24:39 PM
Well it is a system launch. Naturally the excitement dies down until the heavy hitters start coming in. I just get tired of hearing the same complaints every time a new console arrives. Give it time and you'll see. The Wii U will do just fine.
#12b1gt0nePosted 11/17/2012 6:25:57 PM
PS360Lover posted...
I agree. This system sounds awesome on paper, but they really needed this effort years ago.

LOL!! look at its name!!
#13Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 6:27:35 PM
STN79 posted...
Well it is a system launch. Naturally the excitement dies down until the heavy hitters start coming in. I just get tired of hearing the same complaints every time a new console arrives. Give it time and you'll see. The Wii U will do just fine.

I think that the launch actually looks pretty good, I'm concerned about the longevity of it. I know it's going to be a successful system commercially, but how well will it go over with the hardcore gaming community?
---
You only need to know two things to understand KH: Everyone is Sora, Everything is Xehanort's fault.
http://backloggery.com/Lord_Frood
#14Luigi4PresidentPosted 11/17/2012 6:35:30 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
STN79 posted...

I think that the launch actually looks pretty good, I'm concerned about the longevity of it. I know it's going to be a successful system commercially, but how well will it go over with the hardcore gaming community?

Well Frood...

"Hardcore" community already has that "bad taste" left over from the Wii, and it's clear the Wii U is just a stepping stone to win them over again. I'm confident that Nintendo has what it takes, and that the Wii U will have good games all throughout it's lifetime, much like the Wii did.
---
Everybody wants to drink from the fountain of knowledge. I myself prefer to gargle.
#15chronobreak736Posted 11/17/2012 6:37:05 PM
I think it will really depend on a decent flow of high-quality, must-have first party titles and the huge third party titles in between. If they can't consistently release the "big ones" then people will lose interest and move on to other platforms. The variety in launch titles from first and third party developers is a step in the right direction for Nintendo. I remain optimistic.
---
3DS: 1762-2990-4861 Pokemon Black V2: 1421-4556-6961
Anticipating Wii U
#16VampiricDragon_Posted 11/17/2012 6:39:02 PM
These trolls need to be banned
#17Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 6:47:42 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
These trolls need to be banned

Are you referring to me? Because if you are, then I'm pretty sure you haven't read anything besides the topic line and are jumping to hasty conclusions.

Addressing the two posters above this guy, I have to agree that the launch is looking good and that's what keeps me optimistic too. I'd love to see Nintendo not just go crazy with hyping up the next big first party title and actually start doing press for third parties as well. That'd be a great way to try and re-incorporate the "hardcore" gamers. But I mean, I consider myself a core gamer and I loved the Wii. Had Muramasa, MH, S&P2... It was pretty good, but people didn't look beyond the whole WAGGLE aspect. I think Nintendo has it right in getting in a emphasis that not all big name games will be like that coming from them this time around.
---
You only need to know two things to understand KH: Everyone is Sora, Everything is Xehanort's fault.
#18laxnd23Posted 11/17/2012 6:49:47 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Can I have your crystal ball Frood?

Trying to have a serious topic here. Same thing happened with the GameCube IIRC. Is this typical of all consoles, or am I just imagining it? Because after Skyward Sword (a year old now), Wii had nothing left for it.

What do you mean like with the Gamecube? It didn't die right after Melee lol.

But seriously, the Gamecube had pretty decent support until its last days. And the Wii just didn't have 3rd party support at all. The only games to get hyped about were Nintendo games. That's a long lagtime between releases. They seem to be rectifying that.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#19Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 6:55:50 PM
Lol, I know that Melee was just the start, but I honestly can't remember much about the old Cube after a few years. Still a very solid console. It's my favorite Nintendo console, actually.
---