Bricked Wii U. Users fault?

#21huyiPosted 11/18/2012 12:41:53 AM
Foppe posted...
What happen if a plane crash into my house, cutting off my Wii U powercord?

LOL what if there is a rabid dog that rips my wii u wires to peices, is that my fault?
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#22Thirdrail1Posted 11/18/2012 12:44:05 AM
The update will resume if it disconnects while downloading.
---
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.
#23Jx1010Posted 11/18/2012 12:46:45 AM
What if I blow air into cd tray... will that do something?

It worked on my nintendo
---
Charlie Sheen wins!
#24Banjo2553Posted 11/18/2012 1:02:58 AM
Guys, guys, you don't have to worry about anything happening while you're downloading the update. It installs after the download, so just make sure you don't turn off or unplug the Wii U during the installation.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#25FoppePosted 11/18/2012 1:36:59 AM
Chargrilled posted...
pizzaman95 posted...
This is why you don't program your updater to wipe the current firmware before the new firmware is downloaded.

This

Plus incase of firmware corruption, a secondary base firmware should be stored on the system which activates and restores the system

My motherboard on my pc has this, and its years old

Asus p5w dh deluxe.

How big is your motherboard firmware?
What, your motherboard firmware does not include your PC OS?
Bad motherboard, bad motherboard!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#26rudgerlightPosted 11/18/2012 2:01:30 AM
Mine totally bricked while doing the update. It just sat on a screen with the Wii U logo in the corner. Nothing else. Just the logo for 30 minutes. Restarting the system brought up an error that said the system couldn't run.
#27OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 2:04:40 AM
Who would put a brick on to their Wii U?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#28adgamerPosted 11/18/2012 2:06:16 AM
Chargrilled posted...
pizzaman95 posted...
This is why you don't program your updater to wipe the current firmware before the new firmware is downloaded.

This

Plus incase of firmware corruption, a secondary base firmware should be stored on the system which activates and restores the system

My motherboard on my pc has this, and its years old

Asus p5w dh deluxe.

This.

Nintendo fans can be pretty ignorant when it comes to tech. It's understandable though...they've been living in the past with the wii.

;) just playin :p
---
LOL UMBONGO
#29zaakroPosted 11/18/2012 2:20:11 AM
rudgerlight posted...
Mine totally bricked while doing the update. It just sat on a screen with the Wii U logo in the corner. Nothing else. Just the logo for 30 minutes. Restarting the system brought up an error that said the system couldn't run.

like they say, picture or it didn't happen
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#30rudgerlightPosted 11/18/2012 3:02:27 AM
zaakro posted...
rudgerlight posted...

like they say, picture or it didn't happen

Actually, I was wrong!!! Thanks god!!

The second time I tried restarting it, sat on the Wii U logo for a while, then it actually loaded. But the update hadn't installed, which was interesting. I played Nintendoland (gorgeous!) and when I quit because I was upset not seeing any of Miiverse (and reserving my name ASAP) and wanted to try downloading the update again, it said the update was ready to install. Also odd, but whatever, so it's installing now.