Warning! Miiverse is EXTREMELY strict and conservative! It moderates everything!

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 11/18/2012 2:39:42 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/how-moderated-is-miiverse-it-s-a-damn-police-state--238871.phtml

His miiverse post for Batman Arkham City which was moderated and then deleted reads:

"Best part is when the Batted Man kicks Doctor Octopus in the head and says "SHUT UP IDIOT!"

"Look at the image above. What do you see? You should see a very accurate review of Batman: Arkham City that I posted to the Armored Edition community on Miiverse, the social networking feature found on the newly launched Wii U.

A review that, it turns out, is too risque for the likes of Nintendo and its stringent administration policies. Like the Eye of Sauron, it casts its steely gaze down on our Miiverse postings, responding to reports of misconduct with swift retribution. How swift? Well, the admins deleted my above post before the system was even sold to the public -- within two hours of its appearance, in fact.

Your humble narrator may now hold the dubious honor of being Miiverse's first ever moderated user, his post having been removed for that Nintendo calls, "Violent Content." Violent content. In a community for a game in which arms are broken, people are shot, and Catwoman is called a "b****" roughly ten thousand times.

Is this Obama's America? Is this the police state we have signed up for? Oh Nintendo, your oppression knows no bounds. I AM NOT A NUMBER, NINTENDO! I AM A MAN!

But hey, now we know exactly how moderated Miiverse is going to be."

^^^ thats crazy >__>
Imagine playing an M rated game like Ninja Gaiden or Zombi U and being "like lol this boss was such a drag she keeps calling me a b**** and then keeps ripping my arms off but now I finally won and kicked its ass bad."

or playing any other M or T rated game with some risque content either language, drugs/alcohol, violence or sexual stuff and then discussing the game.

= INSTA BAN or maybe 24 hour online ban or something other system like 3 warnings and then a short ban.

Sorry this doesn't protect "teh childrenz" because if you're a kid you shouldn't even be allowed to play online because of parental controls.

So ruining online for all us adult/mature gamers from having a normal pg-13 conversation is BS!!!

If a person is playing GTA V an M rated game and goes on the miiverse section to read some stuff, I don't think they are going to be like "ooh my poors eyes what have I just read!"

Sorry but this justs proves again that Nintendo is for children, will aways cater towards children and doesn't care about adults
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2SomnusNemorisPosted 11/18/2012 2:41:31 AM
LOL Nintendo and their kiddy ways again. Pathetic.
#3laxnd23Posted 11/18/2012 2:42:20 AM
Too bad. We just need to complain about this and we will get our way. That's what happened with Last Story and Xenoblade.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#4pbandjamesPosted 11/18/2012 2:43:24 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...

Speaking of pathetic, people who talk like you!

Anyway, as stupid as it is, at least it'll keep the garbage off the place.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#5blankempathyPosted 11/18/2012 2:44:14 AM
Its funny because its only immature adults that give a damn about not being able to curse online. You can't curse on these forums either. Go complain to gamespot about it already.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#6stnrbob2Posted 11/18/2012 2:44:16 AM
pbandjames posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...

/butthurt
---
"Rob's butt still looks nicer than Skip's in that attire." - Leverage2015 discussing WWE
#7NintendoKnight9Posted 11/18/2012 2:44:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDoGqZUHVEI
---
Consoles/Handheld = http://www.flickr.com/photos/85604394@N07/7843623212/in/photostream/lightbox/
#8ElectricMolePosted 11/18/2012 2:45:24 AM
Let's see those nintenmods keep tabs on millions of messages when the user base expands. Lol. They're going to get white hair a lot faster.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#9MarikoNumber35Posted 11/18/2012 2:45:46 AM
This is dumb and I thought Xbox 360 gave stupid and sometimes wrong bans...

I can see it now.... tons of wii u owners get banned from playing online because of stupid stuff like discussing games.

Maybe there will be dumb autocensors that will think stuff like Hancock or ASSassin are censor bypasses and will penalize your account.

Then all Nintendo fans will get mad online and be like why did I get banned.
Moderators might be dumb geeks/nerds that get uptight about dumb stuff and ban you because you misspelled their favorite character's name like Ayane from Ninja Gaiden 3...
Then there is no way to report this wrong abuse of power.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 2:46:02 AM
stnrbob2 posted...
pbandjames posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...

/butthurt

Yeah, he's totally butthurt that he can't swear on an online discussion forum >_>.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062