***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

#101lazycomplifePosted 12/25/2012 11:07:50 AMmessage detail
Thanks. Helped very much.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#102Freez89Posted 12/26/2012 1:02:23 PMmessage detail
I've been messing with this thing since last night. Thankfully, I had already updated my Wii U at my parents with no problem (other than it taking forever), but I've run into problems ever since I brought it to my place. The only thing that works consistently is the internet browser but everything else (e-shop, Netflix, etc.) doesn't want to connect. I've tried the suggestion listed in this post but it hasn't helped. I'm beginning to think that the single for my landlady's wi-fi is just too weak. I might just need to buy a repeater for my apartment. Does anyone know if a repeater could help connect my Wii U?
---
Iesous Christos Theou Huios Soter
http://alazyexplorer.blogspot.com/
#103Sephiroth_FFPosted 12/26/2012 8:16:01 PMmessage detail
I've tried all of this but it still doesn't work. But I don't have a router so I try to connect using the Nintendo Wifi USB connector.

Has anyone managed to successfully connect using the USB connector? Can anyone confirm whether or not it's compatible with the Wii U?
#104Sephiroth_FFPosted 12/26/2012 9:42:01 PMmessage detail
Sorry for the double post but I can't seem to edit my previous one.

I think the problem I'm having is with the SSID number. I've read about it but I still don't quite know what it is or where to find it. Like I said, I'm using the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector, not a router. Would there still be an SSID number somewhere on my computer even though I don't have a router?
#105moneyhead64Posted 12/29/2012 12:23:47 AMmessage detail
Freez89 posted...
I've been messing with this thing since last night. Thankfully, I had already updated my Wii U at my parents with no problem (other than it taking forever), but I've run into problems ever since I brought it to my place. The only thing that works consistently is the internet browser but everything else (e-shop, Netflix, etc.) doesn't want to connect. I've tried the suggestion listed in this post but it hasn't helped. I'm beginning to think that the single for my landlady's wi-fi is just too weak. I might just need to buy a repeater for my apartment. Does anyone know if a repeater could help connect my Wii U?

I tried solving my wifi problem with a repeater, but unfortunately for me, the repeater consistently dropped its wifi connection and I had to repeatedly set up the repeater over and over again as if I just bought it (going through the setup wizard and choosing the wifi signal to repeat).

I gave up and just got a power line adapter. I obviously had to buy the Wii LAN adapter for the Wii U but so far it's working perfectly and I'm having no problems.
#106pholiciousPosted 12/29/2012 9:22:27 PMmessage detail
motherf***er

Error Code: 103-2004
Unable to connect to the Internet.

Although the connection to the wireless router or network device was successful, the connection to the Internet failed.

help?
---
Number of times people used it's instead of its: 1,889
Number of Topics Killed: 314
#107pholiciousPosted 12/30/2012 12:16:33 AMmessage detail(edited)
So just to make sure, 0.1 at the end of the ip address means 000.100, correct?
---
Number of times people used it's instead of its: 1,890
#108Five BlowsPosted 12/30/2012 12:45:36 AMmessage detail
nice tips
---
"You're pretty strong, and the move. The one you did back there... BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Viewtiful Joe
#109thetruesoraPosted 12/30/2012 10:08:12 AMmessage detail
pholicious posted...
So just to make sure, 0.1 at the end of the ip address means 000.100, correct?

the ip address as you see it on the computer saying ".1" means you would put it as 001 at the end on the WiiU settings, but you want to add 10 to make it .011 and hopefully you should be able to access the internet. if not change it to ".021" and then add 10 again for another attempt if necessary.
---
I love KH BBS, it's the reason I got a PSP and I don't regret it.
my 3DS Friend Code: 4468 - 0983 - 4236
#110pholiciousPosted 12/30/2012 7:15:00 PMmessage detail
Yay, I decided to not use manual configuration, and it magically works! All of this Internet stuff is odd.
---
Number of times people used it's instead of its: 1,890