***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

#131mellepieterPosted 6/4/2013 6:56:03 AMmessage detail
I followed every step of this, and the connection test worked just fine. But when I'm trying to connect to the e-shop/online features in a game, I'm still getting an error message saying I'm disconnected from the internet (Code: 108-0144)
#132boxdude123Posted 6/13/2013 8:29:16 PMmessage detail
I went step by step and it still doesn't work..

NOTE: My wiiu is kinda far fron my router, could that be the problem?
---
Official co-leader of KIL (KIL_Ford)
Pokemon B2 FC: 1292-6030-3536
#133chicnstuPosted 6/14/2013 4:21:37 PMmessage detail
Try moving it if you can and see. May be the only way you'll know.
---
If you have accepted Giant Box of Fries Man as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#134God_4_RealPosted 6/18/2013 10:33:03 AMmessage detail
will that work for the 3DS as well?
---
the one and only pika23 from legends....
#135Wishdamume64Posted 6/21/2013 9:30:50 PMmessage detail
Halladay32 posted...
Okay, I followed the original post, but I'm still getting constant error messages and disconnections. The connection test always works perfectly and right away, but I haven't been able to connect to Miiverse or the eShop basically all day. I've had my Wii U for a few days, and didn't really encounter many issues until today too. This is incredibly frustrating. I don't have a problem with signal strength with any of my other devices, so I don't understand. Heck, even the update that was available today downloaded with little to no issue.

Same with me. My Wii has been in the same place as my Wii U is, and it always was fine. What gives now?
---
Donald
3DS FC: 1891 1166 5608
#136Mr_FortyFivePosted 6/23/2013 2:27:10 PMmessage detail
Thanks for posting this. That saved me a great deal of stress.
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty
#137Halladay32Posted 6/24/2013 9:58:39 PMmessage detail
So, I still have the occasional days where my Wii U just feels like not connecting and spewing out random error codes -- I even encountered some today that Nintendo's support website say don't exist...

Anyway, I'm curious, and this is a question for anyone who is tech-savvy (or perhaps anyone who isn't completely ignorant like me), but can Nintendo fix these connectivity issues with an update, or is this just the state of the Wii U now and forever? There has to be something wrong for so many people to have issues, right? I don't understand why all of my other internet-capable devices work fine (even the Wii...), but the Wii U has interference problems or something :/
---
"If you make fiction just as valuable as reality, then any reality you don't need can be a delusion."
#138CyberSturmPosted 7/13/2013 10:00:58 AMmessage detail
Funny thing is, my Wii U, Wii, 360, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets, ect can connect to my router just fine. But my 3DS can't. Obviously any handhelds before the 3DS can't because I'm using a WPA/WPA2 code. I tried this similar method, but for my 3DS and it didn't work.

Whenever I try to search for an access point for my 3DS, I believe I find mine, but it comes up as blank and can't connect to that one. And I checked my Router Wifi settings and it says I have hide router name turned off. So, don't know why I can't see my access point >.>. I did change the Channel in the wifi settings and the access point pops up and I can connect just fine. But after a few hours to a few days, it says I can't connect and its back to where I was. I could try Channels 1-11, but doing just a few (forgot which numbers), it screws up the Wifi connections for everything else. And have to manually reconnect all of them again (switching back to the channel they connect fine that is). The router is through AT&T if that matters lol.

So even though this topic is for the connecting to Wifi for the Wii U (which surprisingly I can connect just fine), I wanted to see if anyone could figure out my problem for my 3DS situation.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#139Boney010Posted 8/6/2013 1:24:16 AMmessage detail
Oh wow, I didn't know this problem was such an epidemic. Nintendo should really do something about this.
#140skiguy1981Posted 8/11/2013 1:45:03 PMmessage detail
cool
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln