***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

#171PinefruitPosted 6/21/2014 6:12:12 AMmessage detail
So I tried setting this stupid thing up for an hour, all of google was just a copypasta of what OP had. Wasn't working for me.

Enabled DMZ for it and now I can "connect" but can't do anything online. Tried updating but all I managed to get was one megabytes worth of data. So frustrating, everything else I own works just fine, why just this?
---
us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mysticfruit-1746/hero/43702947
#172mooocooow02Posted 6/30/2014 12:55:51 PMmessage detail
When I go to my ipconfig, in Windows 8.1 and type in windows + R to get to the prompt, I am not given an ip address that I can input but an ipv 4 address...should I use that one?
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
#173bvzxa2Posted 8/16/2014 8:45:11 PMmessage detail
I used my guest network using an ACL and it gave me great speeds. I was going crazy because the update was taking way too long when I first got my Wii U
---
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
#174WeakupediaPosted 8/17/2014 10:27:51 AMmessage detail
So I just moved into my school's grad housing. There's wifi here, and also an ethernet port, but I can't connect my Wii U to the internet either way. I'm assuming it's because the system doesn't play nice with DHCP, but there's really nothing I can do. I can get the internet connection test to 'connect' to the internet, but when i try to download the system update, the system freezes and the sound stops. Before the update hit, I could never connect to the internet at all, so it's not my system being defective.

I also tried a wired connection, but it's the same exact thing--except I can't even get the system update to start.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing online? Why does Nintendo hate the modern world?
---
http://backloggery.com/cwistofu
We are not who we are.
#175pinhead2775Posted 8/29/2014 3:12:25 AMmessage detail
I think Nintendo stopped Wii U's online ages ago about three in a half months ago.
But yeah I still say PS3 is one of the most fun systems out there. And updates for your Wii U needs a quite okay connection I suppose.