***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

#21MiraiLinkPosted 11/18/2012 3:53:16 PMmessage detail
Slightball posted...

changed some numbers around and it is working after 12 hours of pure hate at nintendo :)

I NEVER had a problem with my wii and connected it to probably close to 12 different connections over the last 6 years. Not sure why this was so hard!

Which numbers did you mess around with. I'm having the same problem, can connect to the network, but not the internet. Been changing numbers back and forth for hours. -___-
---
RIP CITY!
Now Playing: videos games
#22astroboy777Posted 11/18/2012 3:55:53 PMmessage detail
where the heck are you guys finding the connection types option??
---
Allen Pkmn Blk FC: 1979 6728 9117
#23LegendKiller711Posted 11/18/2012 4:13:27 PMmessage detail
Getting very frustrated here. I've tried just about everything I can think of to get this update downloaded for my WiiU and no success. Couple questions about trying to enter the settings in manually.

Do I enter the IP Address from the Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection or the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection? I've tried both and neither works. My Wireless Network IP is 192.168.1.3. Should I put in 192.168.1.13 on my WiiU? Also, it says IPv4 Address. Does that matter?

I double checked my security type and password in my settings and they match up. I also made sure port forwarding is on. Uder the port forwarding screen, the service name is FTP and the Server IP is 192.168.1. Does any of that need to be changed.

Lastly, when I automatically connect to my network and just put the password in, it connects most of the time and will get about 1/3 of the way done with the update and then say it lost connection. When I try to reconnect, it won't. I have to create a new connection again to try again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
#24j_coatPosted 11/18/2012 4:29:38 PMmessage detail
So is the Wii U's Wi-fi just as bad as the DS's wi-fi program?
#25MiraiLinkPosted 11/18/2012 4:34:17 PMmessage detail(edited)
Bleh, turned off my internet security and was able to connect. I'm made sure I put in the right password many times so I don't know what's the hold up when it's in WPA2-TKIP security.

I'm just going to download the update while my internet is unsecured and try to fix later. Annoying.
---
RIP CITY!
#26darkwizard3533Posted 11/18/2012 4:44:39 PMmessage detail
miri first the wii u wireless doesn't support wpa2 tkip

it supports only wpa2 aes. im pretty sure it should have told you tkip wasn't supported as mine told me this.

second if you could connect tot he network and not the internet it sounds like you had an issue with dns. the IP address numbers the tc used are for googles DNS public servers.

try your own ISP's DNS instead if googles doesn't work for you. I posted the info a few posts up.
#27MiraiLinkPosted 11/18/2012 5:46:23 PMmessage detail(edited)
^ I'll give that a try. Don't know why WPA2-TKIP is a selectable option in the connection settings, if the Wii U can't use it. >_<

EDIT - Nope, does not work on WPA2-PSK (AES).
---
RIP CITY!
#28Kuebel33Posted 11/18/2012 5:59:19 PMmessage detail
stridery2 posted...
majorscud posted...
Ok so far heres what works, entering in everything manually.

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck

Will look into this. Although I don't know where to find SSID and don't know what a security type means.

open a browser and go to 192.168.1.1 chances are if you don't know anything about this, then you probably still have default password and username in play.. google your router make/model username and password.. then you can log in and change your security around if you want..
---
Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, Skyward Sword
#29benatkins_2008Posted 11/18/2012 6:29:46 PMmessage detail
Okay so I've been trying to update ALL DAY LONG to update my Wii U but kept getting this error.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2dr9vs6.jpg

Then I tried the TC's method for Wi-Fi and I STILL get the error -.- Help please?

The download bar is about a lil bit over half full occasionally filling up a bit more ever now and then.

EDIT: Also getting this error: http://oi46.tinypic.com/uliye.jpg
---
3DS FC: 5069 - 4373 - 2030
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/benatkins2011
#30Crazyguy4005Posted 11/18/2012 6:47:47 PMmessage detail
darkwizard3533 posted...
miri first the wii u wireless doesn't support wpa2 tkip

it supports only wpa2 aes. im pretty sure it should have told you tkip wasn't supported as mine told me this.

second if you could connect tot he network and not the internet it sounds like you had an issue with dns. the IP address numbers the tc used are for googles DNS public servers.

try your own ISP's DNS instead if googles doesn't work for you. I posted the info a few posts up.

The Wii-U supports all security types that it lists. The Wii mode however does not support tkip securities. I tried tkip for the hell of it and was able to use the online features with the Wii-U but it didn't work in wii mode.
---
3DS FC: 1418 - 6712 - 5855 : Crazy0taku
PSN: gistarune