Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network

#11Tzuba12Posted 11/18/2012 7:03:58 AM(edited)
Before you even get to that verification screen, the system locks in the age you put on the account. So a kid who doesn't know about this, would put their real age and then get to this part and have to ask their parents for the CC so the parents have to be informed that the kid will be playing online with random people.

Of course, the kid could just create another account to bypass this, but then you'd have one less account to use on the system.

Its a pretty good idea, even with its flaws. Besides, its just 50 cents. That's less than half of a game... an its game, that is.

Also, you CC info isn't saved during this step.
---
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#12Master_HapposaiPosted 11/18/2012 7:03:41 AM
Stealing pocket change from the kiddies. How low can nintendo go...
#13kiba312Posted 11/18/2012 7:03:49 AM
WolfMasterZero posted...
crowkillers posted...
I understand what they're doing, but couldn't a kid just easily get around this..?

Kids aren't smart enough

You don't get a brain till you're 18

Kid: MAMMY CAN I GET ON THE NINTENDO NETWORK???

Mom: Sure, I'll just use my credit card

and same goes for buying other specific M RATED games >.>
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#14itslikePosted 11/18/2012 7:04:35 AM
Only people who care are kiddies
---
The Pope is a dangerous, bigoted, medieval dinosaur, and the Holy Ghost is a comic-book character worthy of laughter and derision. ~ JR
#15KeitaroYevonPosted 11/18/2012 7:04:54 AM
leonodo posted...
50 cents is way too expansive. Nintendo says it's to keep the kids off but honestly they're just being greedy. Oh well. nintendo just isn't what it used to be anymore

Guess I don't care as much as other people here because I have a job.
---
Evan King -- King of Evans
3DS Code: Evan King 2406-5128-9341
#16Tzuba12Posted 11/18/2012 7:06:02 AM
Master_Happosai posted...
Stealing pocket change from the kiddies. How low can nintendo go...

They aren't stealing anything from kids. You obviously don't understand the point.

The point is, the kid HAS to ask their parents for the card so the parents will know that they're allowing their kids to play games online with strangers. If the parent decide they don't want that, then they don't pay the 50 cents.
---
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#17ElGadoPosted 11/18/2012 7:06:09 AM
This is such a FAIL.
#18crazyman32Posted 11/18/2012 7:06:29 AM
.50 cents isn't very much people
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#19DT-FoxPosted 11/18/2012 7:06:31 AM
Lol this is weird. The intentions kinda makes sense, but it either seems like it'll ultimately be

1) A deterent for some folks
2) Something where kids will lie about their age (which they do anyway).

But maybe this IS their plan. With every kid lying about their age, the userbase statistics will show that there are a lot of adults playing the Wii U which could better ensure future M-rated 3rd party multiplats!

It all makes sense now!
</conspiracy speculation>
---
Favorite show atm: Shirokuma Cafe
:V
#20TrueBlue91Posted 11/18/2012 7:08:55 AM
As low as the charge is, this is such a cheap tactic (no pun intended) for a bit of extra money. They're just interested in maximum profit and little else, which is kinda saddening.

At least their dev teams are still interested in making quality products, they're just usually given tiny budgets.

*sigh*
---
Pour grammer annoy's me