Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network
3 years ago#21
Many parents will say no just because they don't want to give out their credit card info, not because they don't want their kids going online.
3 years ago#22
TrueBlue91 posted...
As low as the charge is, this is such a cheap tactic (no pun intended) for a bit of extra money. They're just interested in maximum profit and little else, which is kinda saddening.

At least their dev teams are still interested in making quality products, they're just usually given tiny budgets.

*sigh*

---
Pour grammer annoy's me
3 years ago#23
I think its good that they are at least trying to make sure that parents are aware of their children's online activities.

Question: Is user creation lockable by parental controls? Is it one of the default settings when you activate parental controls?
3 years ago#24
Master_Happosai posted...
Stealing pocket change from the kiddies. How low can nintendo go...

They aren't stealing anything from kids. You obviously don't understand the point.

The point is, the kid HAS to ask their parents for the card so the parents will know that they're allowing their kids to play games online with strangers. If the parent decide they don't want that, then they don't pay the 50 cents.

Every company i know changes $1 to verify a card and then cancels the translation. Nintendo is charging $0.50 per a pop. If 2 million kids sign up, they get 1 million dollars. Obviously they want to make up for their weak fiscal year so far.
3 years ago#25
TrueBlue91 posted...
As low as the charge is, this is such a cheap tactic (no pun intended) for a bit of extra money. They're just interested in maximum profit and little else, which is kinda saddening.

At least their dev teams are still interested in making quality products, they're just usually given tiny budgets.

*sigh*

Yes at least Ubisofr still cares about quality games and not money.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.
3 years ago#26
.50 cents isn't very much people

That is not the point.
3 years ago#27
WolfMasterZero posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

*sigh*

Yes at least Ubisofr still cares about quality games and not money.

I'm talking about Nintendo's own development divisions. The people who brought us the Mario Galaxy games, Skyward Sword etc.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
3 years ago#28
Master_Happosai posted...
.50 cents isn't very much people

That is not the point.

I think Nintendo did it to obviously for the parents to follow their kids activities and yes making money off it is probably another reason I wouldn't doubt that.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
3 years ago#29
Lol I was just joking earlier, 50 cents is nothing to tell the truth
---
Sunshine is overrated...
3 years ago#30
There are better ways to do it, but it's good enough if you don't expect that level of competence.

I'm guessing users without credit cards just won't care and use only one account?

(Edit: Or older accounts, I'm not sure how it works yet...)
(edited by j_darrell)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived