Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network

#31confettistormPosted 11/18/2012 8:37:54 AM
I'm not so much against this idea, but I just don't like giving my credit card information to every single site.

I use Paypal as much as possible and pre-paid cards to reduce the number of companies I give my information to.

It's not that I don't trust Nintendo. I just don't trust any company with my information and the fewer companies that have this information, the better.
#32spooiePosted 11/18/2012 8:48:16 AM
WolfMasterZero posted...
crowkillers posted...
I understand what they're doing, but couldn't a kid just easily get around this..?

Kids aren't smart enough

You don't get a brain till you're 18

Oddly enough, most 18 year olds I know are actually stupider then than they were when a younger child.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#33spooiePosted 11/18/2012 8:50:28 AM
Regardless of Nintendo's plot to steal money from it's users, not unlike the movie Office Space... what if you don't have a credit card?
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#34Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 8:51:51 AM
spooie posted...
Regardless of Nintendo's plot to steal money from it's users, not unlike the movie Office Space... what if you don't have a credit card?

Then what are you using to buy a Wii U? Are you carrying large bills in your pocket?
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 11/18/2012 8:52:13 AM(edited)
This sounds kind of illegal.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36TheDarkNerdPosted 11/18/2012 8:57:22 AM
Every company i know changes $1 to verify a card and then cancels the translation. Nintendo is charging $0.50 per a pop. If 2 million kids sign up, they get 1 million dollars. Obviously they want to make up for their weak fiscal year so far.

Umm, if they charge 50 per transaction, it wouldn't matter if they got 1 signup or 2 million signups, their net profit is still zero.

The credit card companies, on the other hand. . .
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#37DTY3Posted 11/18/2012 8:58:31 AM
Its funny how most sensible people at GAF don't care....

And then there are 5 or so people BAWWWing over fifty cents...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#38Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 8:59:39 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
This sounds kind of illegal.

Microsoft does it for their online services and they charge $10 bucks minimum for a month. This is merely charging an activation fee to a minor for $0.50. Neither are illegal and only a few people would cry about $0.50, that's like what you find in couches or by recycling bottles and cans, or in a parking lot.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#39ElGadoPosted 11/18/2012 9:01:20 AM
DTY3 posted...

You and everyone else is missing the point. You have to hand over your credit card info to "verfiy age."

I'm just not going to give my credit card info to anybody, especially 50 cents to verify age...

Ninty might say it's not "stored" on the console, but I highly doubt that.
#40DTY3Posted 11/18/2012 9:04:23 AM
ElGado posted...
DTY3 posted...

You and everyone else is missing the point. You have to hand over your credit card info to "verfiy age."

I'm just not going to give my credit card info to anybody, especially 50 cents to verify age...

Ninty might say it's not "stored" on the console, but I highly doubt that.

OH NO. I HAVE TO PUT IN MY CARD INFO FOR A SYSTEM THAT WON'T EVEN KEEP IT!

So....how ya gonna make eShop purchases then?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.