Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network

#41TheDarkNerdPosted 11/18/2012 9:06:56 AM
So....how ya gonna make eShop purchases then?

Prepaid cards.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#42Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 9:08:00 AM
TheDarkNerd posted...
So....how ya gonna make eShop purchases then?

Prepaid cards.

Why not get a prepaid Visa then? Buy a 5 dollar card and bam you got 10 uses.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#43AdamLazarusoPosted 11/18/2012 9:08:17 AM
I am amazed that there are people defending this.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#44Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 9:09:19 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...

Why? It's 50 cents and we HAVE companies that charge fot use of their services online, it's called Microsoft and the Xbox 360.
---
#45DifferentialEquationPosted 11/18/2012 9:12:48 AM
Baha05 posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...

Why? It's 50 cents and we HAVE companies that charge fot use of their services online, it's called Microsoft and the Xbox 360.

It isn't the same thing, though. You know that you have to buy Xbox live and they charge the same price to everyone. This just seems really shady if it doesn't say this on the box anywhere.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#46DTY3Posted 11/18/2012 9:15:15 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...

Sorry but I'm not underaged.

Couple that with the fact that this keeps brats off, and is only 50 cents?

Why wouldn't anyone be ok with this?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#47AdamLazarusoPosted 11/18/2012 9:16:00 AM
Baha05 posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...

They aren't charging 50 cents to use the Wii U online service. They're adding a completely unnecessary charge onto minors creating an account under the guise of 'ensuring parental consent' when really it's just an extra stream of revenue.

Do you think the money they get from this will be used to improve the online service or just to improve their profits for the year?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#48Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 9:16:27 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
It isn't the same thing, though. You know that you have to buy Xbox live and they charge the same price to everyone. This just seems really shady if it doesn't say this on the box anywhere.

But it really is the same to an extent. Besides the only people that know you have to buy XBL these days are people that did the research or have bought a 360 before and knows. I'm pretty sure XBL isn't really advertised as a paid service, I could be wrong about that but I have not had a new 360 since this thing launched.

But let's be really generous with this, say you have 2 kids and they want their own account but are two you, that's like a dollar for a one time activation. A dollar, are we going to really trip over a dollar? I think the only issue people would have is if it was the Duggers with their 500 children.
---
#49ElGadoPosted 11/18/2012 9:16:41 AM
DTY3 posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...

Sorry but I'm not underaged.

Couple that with the fact that this keeps brats off, and is only 50 cents?

Why wouldn't anyone be ok with this?

Credit card fraud and hacking. For 50 cents, it's more trouble than it's worth.
#50DifferentialEquationPosted 11/18/2012 9:17:54 AM
Baha05 posted...

But let's be really generous with this, say you have 2 kids and they want their own account but are two you, that's like a dollar for a one time activation. A dollar, are we going to really trip over a dollar? I think the only issue people would have is if it was the Duggers with their 500 children.

No, it's not the money itself. But rather, the principal of the thing.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.