Whelp, bricked

#11adampeltzPosted 11/18/2012 11:04:05 AM
stop3 posted...
It should not be a problem if the power goes out while downloading... it should only be a problem if it goes out while actually installing. Unless Nintendo set things up some crazy nonsensical way.

This.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | SSB Brawl FC: 3095-4658-7188
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691;
#12WolfMasterZeroPosted 11/18/2012 11:06:57 AM
Voxwik posted...
A power failure causing bricking during an update would be an embarrassing flaw easily avoided with modern hardware.

Examples?
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.
#13GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/18/2012 11:10:35 AM
Game consoles shouldnt have OSes if they dont have normal staples of an OS, like say... A RESTORE PARTITION and backup of the BIOS

get your **** together nintendo, ****in cheap ass company

I honestly wont even buy one down the road if future revisions dont have all these updates already installed, theres no excuse why this crap couldnt of been pre loaded onto the hard drives at the factory.

I might just skip the damn Wii U since I'll only want one for the one metroid game, one mario game and one zelda game it'll probably get, since Nintendos so damn stingy with quality first party outings and is too busy making mario shovelware like nsmb and mario tennis and mario party and mario golf etc. I'm sure the next nintendo console will play Wii U games since they seem to only want to do BC one console backward
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#14emagdnEPosted 11/18/2012 11:13:15 AM
hahahahahahahaha..... wow

I'm loving these launch day problems, I hope they escalate so everyone uses Wii U as the prime example of horrible launch days and forget all about Diablo 3's

because while Blizzard admitted they screwed up and are actively trying to salvage Diablo 3, I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to fix these problems
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#15Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 11:15:26 AM(edited)
emagdnE posted...
hahahahahahahaha..... wow

I'm loving these launch day problems, I hope they escalate so everyone uses Wii U as the prime example of horrible launch days and forget all about Diablo 3's

because while Blizzard admitted they screwed up and are actively trying to salvage Diablo 3, I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to fix these problems

Well except if a systems bricks you can you know report it to Nintendo to repair it or exchange it. But hey you don't even own any real game consoles to begin with.

Also keep in mind there was a thing called the Xbox 360 which had a worse failure rating then any consoles ever at 50% RRoD.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#16Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/18/2012 11:17:54 AM
hearing too many defect stories recently, makes me scared to update mine : (

How about a positive one?

I've updated my Wii U, made a mii, set up my NNID and have played a lil bit of Nintendo Land. Now I'm trying ZombiU but it's updating atm.

Actually, sounds like it's finished! Time to go play!
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/LvtC2f | http://bit.ly/OgRng1 | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#17RyoOhki777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:42:58 AM(edited)
After almost 2 hours on the phone (and on hold) with customer service, I should be receiving a replacement in 7-10 days. Went from a really fun morning to a really crappy one in an instant, funny how that works.

stop3 posted...
It should not be a problem if the power goes out while downloading... it should only be a problem if it goes out while actually installing. Unless Nintendo set things up some crazy nonsensical way.

It was just downloading. I thought I was safe since it wasn't actually installing the update at the time... nope.
#18VoxwikPosted 11/18/2012 12:10:50 PM
WolfMasterZero posted...
Voxwik posted...
A power failure causing bricking during an update would be an embarrassing flaw easily avoided with modern hardware.

Examples?

It's actually quite simple, in the event of firmware/os corruption the system boots off of a backup and restores a backup of the old data (which is of course made before messing with the files). If I recall the PS3 does this (I maybe mistaken) but I know most/many new computers do it (and it does not take oodles of resources to do).
#19Cal873Posted 11/18/2012 12:17:39 PM
Why do people say Whelp? I googled it and apparently it means "well". Please enlighten a non hip person why someone would replace well with whelp.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc