My impressions of Zombi U - I've been a gamer for almost 20 years

#1SpacedDuckPosted 11/18/2012 11:38:01 AM
Granted these are early impressions however I thought I'd get them out ASAP since it seems everyone is freaking out about this system and game.

I've been playing about and hour and a half and this is what the game feels like to me.

It feels like a scenario where I'm in a zombie environment, have to scavenge for weapons and gear as well as really check my environment out.

No running and assuming there's no zombies around, I have to plan what I do.

It truly feels like if I screw up then I'm dead. This is a nice change.

The controls are maybe the one thing I hated at first then I got used to them.

In real life you wouldn't be able to swing a bat rapidly after making contact with something. Your body would need to reset.

This game is honestly if anything a zombie sim done in again my opinion quite well.

To be honest, I'm having fun and that's what matters.

IGN and gamespot clearly were expecting something different to their standards but as a gamer for almost 20 years I can say this is different and fun for me.

I hope others give it a chance. The graphics and mood are great, the intergration of the gamepad is well done and the sound is solid also.

Don't want to believe me? Fine I don't care but if this topic helps allows one person give it a chance then I'm glad I made this topic.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#2ironmaidenfan70Posted 11/18/2012 11:40:59 AM
Go red soxs getting this game with nsmbu
---
I love to sing-a About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,I love to sing-a,
#3Mindwipe77Posted 11/18/2012 11:41:08 AM
what's fun for you does not mean it'll be fun to someone else, so thank you for your opinion, i'll consider it along with ign and gamespot
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
Waiting for Wii-U!
#4SpacedDuck(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:00:32 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
what's fun for you does not mean it'll be fun to someone else, so thank you for your opinion, i'll consider it along with ign and gamespot

You're a jabroni if you didn't think I understood that what's fun for me may not be for others based on what I wrote....
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#5lgiPosted 11/18/2012 12:02:28 PM
"IGN and gamespot clearly were expecting something different to their standards". They're reviewers. They need to spend a lot of time on a game and not base a review on first impressions. It's also an assumption to say they were expecting something different.
#6JonnyBigBossPosted 11/18/2012 12:03:46 PM
In enjoying it a lot so far and made the same observations.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
#7RHFPosted 11/18/2012 12:04:38 PM
But according to Trolls, you can't enjoy it because of 2 bad reviews.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#8jmichaelbpPosted 11/18/2012 12:09:37 PM
RHF posted...
But according to Trolls, you can't enjoy it because of 2 bad reviews.

Even though it has 6 high reviews...

Dat troll logic they have.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#9DisgaeaNutPosted 11/18/2012 12:11:35 PM
I gave it a chance and regret the purchase. It's not the worst game ever conceived but its not the game people expected, not worth the price tag and not worthy of being a game waving the flag for a new console launch.
#10ColorfulColorsPosted 11/18/2012 12:11:42 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm glad you didn't listen to all these people going "ONE BAD REVIEW IT SUX" and stuff like that.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000