My impressions of Zombi U - I've been a gamer for almost 20 years

#21ColorfulColorsPosted 11/18/2012 12:58:08 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Definitely not Ubisoft fault that everyone hyped it to be the flagship game but it was hyped and people had expectations that fell short. I purchased it and for maybe half it's present cost it would be a quaint fun title but not a game to showcase the Wii U.

Wii U will be the 3DS, a console about having the patience to wait for good titles and the higher price tag means it will take many more quality games to get to that point.

I shouldn't be sitting here on launch day bored already and playing Last Story on my new toy already, though it would have probably inevitably happened at some point today I would hope to not already feel bored.

Don't listen to him. He probably doesn't even own one.

Classic Nintendrone defense, someone is unhappy so they don't have it because in my world you must be happy with it to own it.

K. Pics or it didn't happen. You could easily be lying and trying to talk crap about it, because i've never seen you on these boards till now. Oh, and if i'm a "Nintendrone", explain why i like Sony. :)
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#22Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/18/2012 12:59:32 PM
Hi, I'm Ron Popeil, And I just love Zombi U. It has the blood and brains that just make everything so fantastic and if you promise to tell at least one friend you can get these knives for three easy monthly payments of 13.33!
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#23laxnd23Posted 11/18/2012 1:02:59 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Definitely not Ubisoft fault that everyone hyped it to be the flagship game but it was hyped and people had expectations that fell short. I purchased it and for maybe half it's present cost it would be a quaint fun title but not a game to showcase the Wii U.

Wii U will be the 3DS, a console about having the patience to wait for good titles and the higher price tag means it will take many more quality games to get to that point.

I shouldn't be sitting here on launch day bored already and playing Last Story on my new toy already, though it would have probably inevitably happened at some point today I would hope to not already feel bored.

Classic Nintendrone defense, someone is unhappy so they don't have it because in my world you must be happy with it to own it.

Seriously. I'm a huge Nintendo fan but if it isn't entertaining you right now then that's just how it is.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#24KaibreiPosted 11/18/2012 1:03:37 PM
I've had a blast with this game so far. The controls took me a while to get used to but after that I was good and the game started becoming increasingly more fun.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#25DisgaeaNutPosted 11/18/2012 1:10:55 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...

K. Pics or it didn't happen. You could easily be lying and trying to talk crap about it, because i've never seen you on these boards till now. Oh, and if i'm a "Nintendrone", explain why i like Sony. :)

Sorry I don't post pics of my life on Internet message boards to appease vindictive fanboys. I've been around for many years, sorry that you haven't seen me before since you are a new user and I am an icon. I'll be home in a few hours skippy, hop on your WiiU since you are defending it soo much (I trust your blindly loyal self has one now, right?) and we can chat it up, I'll message you my handle, we can be warm and cozy friends.
#26ColorfulColorsPosted 11/18/2012 1:13:26 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...

Sorry I don't post pics of my life on Internet message boards to appease vindictive fanboys. I've been around for many years, sorry that you haven't seen me before since you are a new user and I am an icon. I'll be home in a few hours skippy, hop on your WiiU since you are defending it soo much (I trust your blindly loyal self has one now, right?) and we can chat it up, I'll message you my handle, we can be warm and cozy friends.

K.
Why are you going on topics going:
"Its gonna be like the 3DS"
When you don't even know that. What games do you have for it then?
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#27DisgaeaNutPosted 11/18/2012 1:22:40 PM
Because it is going to be like the 3DS, a system with slinking sales at first and no real great launch titles that picked up speed over time as good games slowly came out. You are right I can't predict the future but I was showing hope for the future whereas the present indicates less demand than the Wii and no real great launch titles.

I have Nintendo Land, NSMBU and ZombiU and one is a mini game collection that is fun but not worth the price tag, the other is a rehash of a rehash and maybe it's because I have all the Wii and DS and 3DS titles but it doesn't really feel the least bit different. Lastly, ZombiU is honestly the big reason I purchased at launch, the hyped savior of the WiiU and it fell flat on its face, maybe a $20-$25 bargain bin title but not $60.
#28DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/18/2012 1:29:47 PM
I'm sorry but the idea that IGN and GS rated the game badly because its different is hilariously stupid. Nothing in the review really indicates this. In fact, the problem seems like it is something extremely familiar except done poorly compared to its predecessors.

Do you think people knew what to expect when reviewing the first Dead Rising or Dead Space? No. But they immediately fell in love with it because its qualities were very apparent and very strong.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#29GEKGanonPosted 11/18/2012 1:38:27 PM
My impression of the game is that I managed to find a game breaking glitch by the time I got to the supermarket. Now I have to delete my saved data and restart in order to progress further.
---
Steam Name: gekganon