The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Damn! BRICKED!

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Damn! BRICKED!
3 years ago#1
Did sys update and my Internet cut out while I was update, and now the console won't show anything except a black screen. Thanks a lot, Nintendo!
---
my oblivion char: Lizard Dude, level 67 Argonian warrior!
ph33r the lizard!
3 years ago#2
Yeah, damn Nintendo for cutting off your interweb!!!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
3 years ago#3
Take it back to the store and tell them it wouldn't power on.
---
Ricky, a dope trailer's no place for a kitty!
3 years ago#4
That's a chance with any type of electronic. If something cuts out while the system is going through its own firmware, bad things will happen. E-Mail Nintendo about it, I'm sure they have a fix.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3 years ago#5
Yeah how dare Nintendo not predict when your power would go out.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
3 years ago#6

The fact that this would brick a console in this day and age is a bit ridiculous.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
3 years ago#7
I remember tihs happened to me with my Wii back when it came out. I stood all day at Walmart to get one on release and then got home updated and bricked.

Good thing it didnt happen with my wii u
---
3DS Friend Code 5026 4436 9916
aizel
3 years ago#8
I thought it download the entire update, then installed it? Why would your Internet going down brick it?
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.
(message deleted)
3 years ago#10
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The fact that this would brick a console in this day and age is a bit ridiculous.

Not really. Everything that updates or saves does this. Cut your system off when updating or saving expect to have corrupted data.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Damn! BRICKED!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived