Damn! BRICKED!

#11Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/18/2012 11:25:48 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... oh wow

they couldn't even be assed to include a ****ing resume download feature for dropped internet connections?! (which is more common than you think, America has pretty sucky internet)

I shouldn't be laughing, as much as I enjoy things blowing up in Iwata's face, he is still using the Nintendo name to commit these failures

there was a time where Nintendo was ahead of the times (see: N64DD), but now they stumble merely playing catchup.....

Blame the fanboys for excusing their every mistake endgame.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#12RyuuHou25Posted 11/18/2012 11:25:58 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Yeah, damn Nintendo for cutting off your interweb!!!

The fact that this would brick a console in this day and age is a bit ridiculous.

It's really not, these aren't computers, if updates for the system get interrupted, it can (and often does) corrupt some essential files.

Now, what SHOULD have been included is a way to restore those files if indeed this happened, and if there isn't, that is indeed ridiculous
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#13Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/18/2012 11:26:26 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The fact that this would brick a console in this day and age is a bit ridiculous.

Not really. Everything that updates or saves does this. Cut your system off when updating or saving expect to have corrupted data.

He didn't cut his system off, he lost internet....
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#14token_swordsmanPosted 11/18/2012 11:27:31 AM
Have we not learned anything from the wii? Look..unplug the system from the back and from the wall...let it set for 5 minutes then plug it back in. People (including me) had this happen with the wii and we thought it was bricked.

Try this and stop freaking out
#15Golden MavenPosted 11/18/2012 11:28:11 AM
WolfMasterZero posted...
I thought it download the entire update, then installed it? Why would your Internet going down brick it?

That's what the PS3 does... I'm confused here. I'm thinking the Wii-U was actually in the process of installing it, not downloading it.
#16Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/18/2012 11:29:00 AM
MontgomeryBlue posted...
Did sys update and my Internet cut out while I was update, and now the console won't show anything except a black screen. Thanks a lot, Nintendo!

What make believe store did you buy yours at? I got my for the gummie ship kingdom, Shhhhh, Don't tell anyone, But I dad knows the fairy princess that works at that Gamestop!
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#17darkayanamiPosted 11/18/2012 11:30:44 AM
Scoff at the TC all you want, but not having brick protection this day and age is silly.

Considering 3rd party mods can back up images of all my consoles before an update, there is no reason for that to not be an official standard.
#18Wiiplayer111Posted 11/18/2012 11:30:48 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Not really. Everything that updates or saves does this. Cut your system off when updating or saving expect to have corrupted data.

He didn't cut his system off, he lost internet....

Well I didn't say he cut the system off on purpose.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#19spooiePosted 11/18/2012 11:31:19 AM
Actually, It should not "brick" if the download is cut off by a loss of power or connection. It SHOULD brick if the INSTALLATION is cut off due to a lack of power.

If the system is bricking because the connection isn't going through, that's a big WTF?!?!?!? on Nintendo's end.

Then again, we all remember Super Smash Bros Brawl.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#20WolfMasterZeroPosted 11/18/2012 11:31:58 AM
Golden Maven posted...
WolfMasterZero posted...
I thought it download the entire update, then installed it? Why would your Internet going down brick it?

That's what the PS3 does... I'm confused here. I'm thinking the Wii-U was actually in the process of installing it, not downloading it.

It shouldn't need Internet to do that, though...
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.