How will they compete with Sony and Microsoft?

#1VladFrostPosted 11/18/2012 12:27:39 PM
Serious question, it looks to me like the Wii U FINALLY is a Nintendo system as capable as the PS3 and 360 are, yet both companies have completely new systems that will be releasing next year if rumors are true or early 2014 if rumors are not true. How is Nintendo planning to have the Wii-U compete with the Xbox 720/Infinity and the PS4 when it looks ot just now be a system that's as good as the 360 and PS3 are, if not slightly better thanks to the advanced controller that I'm not going to say is amazing yet until I use it for myself.
#2WolfMasterZeroPosted 11/18/2012 12:28:28 PM
Well, how did the Wii sell more than both of those without having superior graphics?
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.
#3Ben ReillyPosted 11/18/2012 12:30:39 PM
They are hoping they will get lucky again like with the Wii, and that with rising development cost, Developers won't go all out on the new systems, so even if they did have the power that they will keep everything close to currently level.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#4NinersFan1977Posted 11/18/2012 12:33:29 PM
They can't, and won't.
---
From way downtown......BANG!
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/18/2012 12:35:20 PM
or early 2014 if rumors are not true

Just curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

But to answer your question they will compete similarly to how the wii competed with the PS3 and 360. It will sputter about occasionally putting out a decent game until it kicks the bucket early.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#6phowell23Posted 11/18/2012 12:35:46 PM
There would be no 3rd party support on the Wii due to its limits so they had to make the Wii U. If they didn't they would be major screwed for the next 3 years, which is the earliest the sony or ms console would release.
#7DisgaeaNutPosted 11/18/2012 12:36:33 PM
Wii was a new technology that was aimed at families and casual gamers and was cheaper than the rivals. Nintendo does not presently have the exclusives to push out the WiiU like the Wii launch had and the gimmick of a second screen on a console with a small HD, worse graphics and higher price point isn't going to scream overnight success.

WiiU needs to push out good exclusives before Sony and Microsoft launch new consoles and build a solid library if it wants to compete.
#8Shinobi120Posted 11/18/2012 12:40:21 PM(edited)
Ben Reilly posted...
They are hoping they will get lucky again like with the Wii, and that with rising development cost, Developers won't go all out on the new systems, so even if they did have the power that they will keep everything close to currently level.

If they were to ignore the Wii U & just only develop on Microsoft's & Sony's next gen consoles, then we're going to be hearing more news of gaming studios closing their doors, probably even more so than this generation.
#9Dmess85Posted 11/18/2012 12:37:35 PM
Nintendo will just produce another Zelda and Mario game.

(and smash brothers).

That will be Nintendo's answer to sony and microsoft.
---
Previewing your message before you post is for suckers.
http://www.backloggery.com/blasingame
#10Dmess85Posted 11/18/2012 12:37:47 PM
Nintendo will just produce another Zelda and Mario game.

(and smash brothers).

That will be Nintendo's answer to sony and microsoft.
---
Previewing your message before you post is for suckers.
http://www.backloggery.com/blasingame