How will they compete with Sony and Microsoft?

#11harale8671Posted 11/18/2012 12:37:50 PM
Yep, the Wii competed with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 just fine, so I don't understand the reason for your question.
#12MoegittoPosted 11/18/2012 12:40:31 PM
harale8671 posted...
Yep, the Wii competed with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 just fine, so I don't understand the reason for your question.

This times 40, at heart I'm a Sony fan. But you can't argue with what the Wii did, Nintendo basically made a Gamecube with motion controls that could play retro games and made a literal killing. All of a sudden every system has some form of motion input, not saying anybody is copying or anything but the market changed because of Nintendo.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#13breastman0Posted 11/18/2012 1:15:41 PM
WolfMasterZero posted...
Well, how did the Wii sell more than both of those without having superior graphics?

The whole purpose behind the Wii was to market to people who weren't avid gamers. Really young kids, women, and senior citizens who've never played games before drove up the sales. Also the cheaper system and the promise that motion technology was going to "change gaming forever." Nintendo made the right choice to stay in business against their competitors, who are far richer and can build far more powerful machines.

That being said, none of that constitutes it as being "the best system" of last generation. It was genius marketting that saved Nintendo, not the quality of their console.
#14Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 1:16:59 PM
All you really need to do to complete in the industry is produce great games. Not that hard
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#15Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/18/2012 1:17:03 PM
the market changed because of Nintendo.

But did it change for the better?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#16SSJMarioPosted 11/18/2012 1:19:03 PM
Mario Kart
---
PSN=bowserkick
#17Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/18/2012 1:19:11 PM
WolfMasterZero posted...
Well, how did the Wii sell more than both of those without having superior graphics?

by being in between 100 - 150 bucks, thats how
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#18OzzieArcanePosted 11/18/2012 1:20:01 PM
Even when the new X-Box and Playstation come out, the current systems aren't going to just lose support. Their userbase is too big and not everyone is going to have the money to upgrade to a new system right away. Multiplats will still be around for at least a few years after the new systems come out.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#19Xcalibur02Posted 11/18/2012 1:28:52 PM
By making good games.

The "hardcore" gamers (read graphic *****s) can cry "graphics" all they want, but what is it that the average gamer wants? A good time. That's how it's always been. The system with the best games sell the best, not the one with "processing powerzzzomg!"
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#20AmbientEDGEPosted 11/18/2012 1:47:36 PM
The "hardcore" gamers (read graphic *****s) can cry "graphics" all they want, but what is it that the average gamer wants? A good time. That's how it's always been. The system with the best games sell the best, not the one with "processing powerzzzomg!"

Agreed, Xenoblade was one of the most visually impressive Wii titles I played all year and I love my PS3 and 360. I had a blast playing Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 along with Zelda SS (although I still wish I could have used the Classic Controller).

People as gamers should be happy Nintendo is releasing a new system. Nintendo has always been in a league of their own which isn't news. Everyone wanted a Nintendo HD system which they delivered and yet people still complain. It's really sad...
---
Whether you think you can or can not the answer is yes.