ZombiU Receives a 7, 8, another 8, 8.4, 8.8, 9, 9.2, and a 9.7

#41FenderMasterPosted 11/18/2012 3:04:55 PM
IGN has different teams; A Nintendo team (Audrey Drake, Rich George and Sam Claiborn), a Sony team (Gregg Miller, Colin Moriarty, Ryan Clements).

The Nintendo team are Nintendo fanboys, and the Sony team are Sony fanboys, hence Audrey Drake overrating KH: DDD and Gregg Miller overrating Uncharted 3.

With the WiiU launch the Nintendo team has too many games to review, so the Sony and MS teams get roped in. In this case we have a Sony fanboy (Gregg Miller) reviewing a WiiU exclusive. It's just how IGN works. I actually find their reviews very informative, and even if they're a bit off, if you read the words you should find some good info on the game. So ignore the score, but pay attention to the details, he probably makes some good critical points. Gregg Miller is a good writer, and maybe he has good reasons for disliking the game (games can be divisive), but bear in mind that he, like all IGN writers, has his own bias.
---
I know street fighter way better then I know my wife. I keep getting caught in her frame traps -- Lazy Jones
#42squatch22Posted 11/18/2012 3:05:17 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
This. I also omitted them because there are 50 other topics about the below average reviews already. Nobody is seeing these good ones.

This!
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#43P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 3:06:22 PM
spooie posted...
I can't find the destructoid review... anyone have a link?

Here you go

http://www.destructoid.com/review-zombiu-238776.phtml&nav=mobile&mode=mobile
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#44darkjedilinkPosted 11/18/2012 3:19:05 PM
So, eight good or better reviews, but the bad one and "okay" one are the only legit ones.

Makes sense.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#45trenkenPosted 11/18/2012 3:20:45 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
Can't spell 'ignore IGN' without IGN.

If they gave it a 9 I believe this post wouldnt exist. But since they think it sucks, they're ignorant. How convenient. As soon as they give a great score to a game you're excited about you'll flip flop right back on their side again.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#46lgiPosted 11/18/2012 3:20:47 PM
9.7? Really? That's almost a perfect score. I want to read that review.
#47theofficefan99Posted 11/18/2012 3:22:30 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Gamespot also gave Monster Hunter a 4.2 on PS2 when it initially released. You know, that game that went on to sell millions and single handedly keep the PSP alive for Sony.

I'll never understand the love people have for that series. I played a handful of them and they're all terrible.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#48GigaVoltsPosted 11/18/2012 3:23:25 PM
lgi posted...
9.7? Really? That's almost a perfect score. I want to read that review.

It was a magazine review. So if you manage get it post it here.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#49Enigma149Posted 11/18/2012 3:24:00 PM
trenken posted...
Sol_Clyde posted...
Can't spell 'ignore IGN' without IGN.

If they gave it a 9 I believe this post wouldnt exist. But since they think it sucks, they're ignorant. How convenient. As soon as they give a great score to a game you're excited about you'll flip flop right back on their side again.

Yes, and the moment they post a good score for a game you don't like you'll be casting the review aside as if it were nothing.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#50SomnusNemorisPosted 11/18/2012 3:25:56 PM
LOL what jokers gave this tech demo a 9.7?!!