My opinion on the ZombiU review. (list of points given. not a long read)

#1logans_run_82Posted 11/18/2012 3:05:04 PM
Yes, it's another one of these topics.

I just watched their zombiU video review. my thoughts:

Combat is really slow: You play as a survivor of a zombie apocalypse that you weren't prepared for. And this is a survival horror game so it isn't action based. lol @ those idiots who say you should pick up L4D, COD zombies, or Resident Evil 4, 5, or 6 for a "real survival horror experience"

Zombies can keep pace with you easy at your regular walking speed: Your character didn't physically prepare to outrun zombies?

AI isn't creative: They're zombies. i.e dead and aren't that intuitive.

Ammo is scarce. and you use melee weapons alot: What genre do you think you're playing in?

Of course these CONs they labeled in the review would bother some people, but I kind of feel like people more dedicated to the genre wouldn't really care. I haven't played it yet but I think a 4.5 is a bit too low. >_> Only because the things they said about the game didn't feel like true flaws, and more like gaming preference.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#2nonexistingheroPosted 11/18/2012 3:10:55 PM
Yeah, the complaints aren't really valid for most part, IMO. They're more about a game not being a different kind of game.

AI could use a bit of work though. Zombies can't climb over objects and they can get stuck kinda easily. But that's moreso an animation issue as well (they'd need to give the zombies animations for that).

And for a game focused so much on melee, just having 1 melee weapon with a single attack and a push away move... isn't enough. Especially when there is a good variety of weapons and upgrades for them. A handful of melee weapons and some more combat options should've been in there. Yeah, it can make the game too easy if they make it too good. But they could always tweak the zombies or something to make it a bit harder.

Aside from bugs/glitches being rather common, I'd say that what I mentioned are the only real gameplay flaws to the game. It could be better, but it's most certainly not bad.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/18/2012 3:12:38 PM
logans_run_82 posted...
Yes, it's another one of these topics.

I just watched their zombiU video review. my thoughts:

Combat is really slow: You play as a survivor of a zombie apocalypse that you weren't prepared for. And this is a survival horror game so it isn't action based. lol @ those idiots who say you should pick up L4D, COD zombies, or Resident Evil 4, 5, or 6 for a "real survival horror experience"

Zombies can keep pace with you easy at your regular walking speed: Your character didn't physically prepare to outrun zombies?

AI isn't creative: They're zombies. i.e dead and aren't that intuitive.

Ammo is scarce. and you use melee weapons alot: What genre do you think you're playing in?

Of course these CONs they labeled in the review would bother some people, but I kind of feel like people more dedicated to the genre wouldn't really care. I haven't played it yet but I think a 4.5 is a bit too low. >_> Only because the things they said about the game didn't feel like true flaws, and more like gaming preference.

Sounds like dead island.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#4ChargrilledPosted 11/18/2012 3:15:04 PM
ign review is better.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#5GigaVoltsPosted 11/18/2012 3:15:55 PM
Chargrilled posted...
ign review is better.

The IGN review was OK, but like the GS one it wanted things a survival horror should not have.

It should have gotten a 7.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#6lgiPosted 11/18/2012 3:18:28 PM
GigaVolts posted...
Chargrilled posted...
ign review is better.

The IGN review was OK, but like the GS one it wanted things a survival horror should not have.

It should have gotten a 7.

You played the game yourself?
#7kissdadookiePosted 11/18/2012 3:18:28 PM
The problem I have with Zombi U is that it is repetitive. At least put the player into interesting scenarios but the game is basically without much for context for the gameplay.

Multiplayer is awesome for Zombi U though.
#8nonexistingheroPosted 11/18/2012 3:22:50 PM
Every single game is repetitive. It's moreso about making people enjoy it. Personally, I do not dislike any game because it's repetitive, because I know that. There's just games I think are fun and games I get quickly tired of. It's probably also why most people disliked the original Assassin's Creed while I greatly enjoyed it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 3:24:31 PM
kissdadookie posted...
The problem I have with Zombi U is that it is repetitive. At least put the player into interesting scenarios but the game is basically without much for context for the gameplay.

Multiplayer is awesome for Zombi U though.

It is a video game after all, it's bound to be repetitive, besides sometimes having less variety is better then too much.

Though I have yet to play the game so it could be a bland repetitiveness but hey it's a zombie game.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#10kissdadookiePosted 11/18/2012 3:26:16 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Every single game is repetitive. It's moreso about making people enjoy it. Personally, I do not dislike any game because it's repetitive, because I know that. There's just games I think are fun and games I get quickly tired of. It's probably also why most people disliked the original Assassin's Creed while I greatly enjoyed it.

Some games are fun and repetitive. Zombi U just becomes repetitive. It's like a gameplay demo with no context. The multiplayer saves it though buy it's only local MP.

As for the first AC, that at least had SOME interesting missions and a good story. Zombi U is pretty monotonous from beginning to end (or at least the 3 or so hours I've spent on it thus far). No variety. No real story. No interesting scenarios to justify the gameplay is the problem.