Wii U Bricked

#31Mr_Golden_SunPosted 11/18/2012 5:48:21 PM
It disables that auto-power off thing after 1 hour if you are updating/downloading patches. So why else would it brick? I had an issue earlier; it wouldn't go to a particular screen, but it wasn't updating anything at the time, so I unplugged it and turned it back on and I was able to continue the setup where I left off. But all and all, I am up and running with the Wii U
---
R.I.P. Captain Yamamoto
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/miroku316/IMAG0045.jpg
#32Jx1010Posted 11/18/2012 5:49:07 PM
------------------------ WARNING ABOUT POLL -----------------------------

------------------------ W A R N I N G ----------------------------------

This poll does not reflect REAL voting

When creating a Poll on Gamefaqs, you can select different options...
one is to vote as many times as u wish from ur own computer as many times as you desire.... this poll is surely made that way for TROLLING PURPOSES.

No Poll reaches such a high amount in such little time when going by only IP number (only 1 member per poll)
SO THIS POLL IS ONLY MADE WITH TROLLING PURPOSES

Gamefaqs poll creator and user.
---
Charlie Sheen wins!
#33Paddle008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:50:45 PM
Jx1010 posted...
------------------------ WARNING ABOUT POLL -----------------------------

------------------------ W A R N I N G ----------------------------------

This poll does not reflect REAL voting

When creating a Poll on Gamefaqs, you can select different options...
one is to vote as many times as u wish from ur own computer as many times as you desire.... this poll is surely made that way for TROLLING PURPOSES.

No Poll reaches such a high amount in such little time when going by only IP number (only 1 member per poll)
SO THIS POLL IS ONLY MADE WITH TROLLING PURPOSES

Gamefaqs poll creator and user.

Noted, I will disable non registered voting from now on.
#34SkyCrackersPosted 11/18/2012 5:52:39 PM
I think most of the bricking reposrts are real. I'm staying far away from the WIi U console until this issue is resolved. It's probably best to wait a while and see if they can iron out some of the initial bugs with the console in general.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#35trenkenPosted 11/18/2012 5:54:12 PM
A 5gb update is absurd. Its so obvious that are far as technology, Nintendo just seems clueless. They dont know nearly as much about this stuff as Sony and MS because those companies would never release an update even remotely close to 5gb. Its too dangerous having users download something so critical to the machine that is that large. Too much can go wrong during that critical phase.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#36DukeRaoul23Posted 11/18/2012 5:55:14 PM
This poll has been trolled.
#37DucePosted 11/18/2012 5:57:59 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
I think most of the bricking reposrts are real. I'm staying far away from the WIi U console until this issue is resolved. It's probably best to wait a while and see if they can iron out some of the initial bugs with the console in general.

They are

http://www.gamingvogue.com/first-wii-u-brick-reported-do-not-shutdown-during-firmware-update/
#38Paddle008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:05:12 PM
Updating will speed up eventually I'm sure.