My Zombiu first impressions

#1darkelfkillerPosted 11/18/2012 4:04:13 PM
1. Holy ****ing **** intense. Seriously, the entire time you're just nervous about the next corner. It's like a freaking Silent Hill game.

2. The first time you accidentally attract a horde you will scream a little as you run.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way.

After a while I am enjoying it. A lot, Gamespot guy obvious wants his Survival Horror to be like Resident Evil 6. On the flipside, 97/100 is way too high.

This seems pitch perfect for what a survival horror game should be. A HORROR game that focuses on SURVIVAL. Frantically searching for a healing item or some ammo for your handgun or even a flare to buy time the next time you have to run like hell.

It's intense enough that after what just happened to me * I won't spoil it.* I'm taking a break. I screamed a bit when it happened and I had an epiphany. I cannot remember the last time a game actually was so atmospheric that I felt enough dread to need a break.

So far, 8.0/10. If anyone has any questions I'll stick around for a few while Assassin's Creed 3 does it's update. I might watch an episode of Doctor Who on the tablet just because, ya know, you can watch netflix on the tablet while doing something else on the TV.
---
"This is it. This is your story. It all begins here."
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Drsteinman, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#2darkelfkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:07:43 PM
bumpppp
---
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Drsteinman, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#3Dr_KainPosted 11/18/2012 4:08:17 PM
Meh, zombie games have over stayed their welcome.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#4PinkIcePopPosted 11/18/2012 4:08:51 PM
I need to take month long breaks from Dark Souls
---
http://www.facebook.com/atlasatlast
#5EstabIishedPosted 11/18/2012 4:12:23 PM
tag, for AC3 impressions

How does ZombiU control? does it force the tables integration, or does it work seamlessly?
---
Russell Wilson scrambles right side, being pursued. Tosses it out of bounds. 4th Down coming up for Seattle.
#6PS360LoverPosted 11/18/2012 4:13:06 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
Meh, zombie games have over stayed their welcome.

Replace zombie with Mario and you have something.
#7darkelfkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:14:31 PM
EstabIished posted...
tag, for AC3 impressions

How does ZombiU control? does it force the tables integration, or does it work seamlessly?

It doesn't feel bad to me but, it is forced. It's realistic in that you can't loot during a fight and looting is always a risk reward thing if you don't clear the area and lock the door behind you.
---
#8darkelfkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:22:14 PM
So, gamepad died.

Gonna be here for a bit while it charges then I'll hop into AC3 and make an impressions post. I've played it quite a bit on 360 as well so I'll be able to compare if anything is different.
---
#9darkelfkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:23:59 PM
These rounded discs feel weird after all the years of... non rounded ones? They feel really soft, almost slick when I hold by the edge.
---
#10EstabIishedPosted 11/18/2012 4:25:51 PM
darkelfkiller posted...
These rounded discs feel weird after all the years of... non rounded ones? They feel really soft, almost slick when I hold by the edge.

Had any issues with the actual hardware?
---
Russell Wilson scrambles right side, being pursued. Tosses it out of bounds. 4th Down coming up for Seattle.