Launch day is over. How was everybody's first day with their Wii U?

#1MirageMew2Posted 11/18/2012 8:10:19 PM
I originally planned on buying the Basic model which is what I pre-ordered monnths ago, but GameStop said I could upgrade today, and so I did. Initially, I didn't see much of a reason for it, didn't care for the extra stuff and Nintendo Land looked like a flop to me. Boy was I wrong.

Nintendo Land is fantastic.

I still don't care for the other stuff, and black is an awful fingerprint magnet, however Nintendo Land is definitely a fantastic game. Zelda Battle Quest is my personal favorite minigame so far, though I haven't played any of the multiplayer ones.

NSMBU is just Mario, nothing new, though that isn't bad. I love the pink baby Yoshi, and the game is great.

Miiverse is an amazing concept and so far it seems like it's being used well. It's nice having a dedicated online message board exclusive for every game on the Wii U.

I'm planning on picking up Zombi U and Black Ops 2 sometime soon, so I can't wait to try out online.
How about everybody else?
---
"You add a plus douchebag to a minus douchebag, you've got like.. zero douchebags."
#2emagdnEPosted 11/18/2012 8:11:35 PM
I enjoyed watching the Nintendo Defense Force go full panic damage control mode, especially over the bricking issue
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#3YoyokuKOPosted 11/18/2012 8:12:26 PM
its cool
the riots were hilarious
#4XXXB0BXXXPosted 11/18/2012 8:12:29 PM
i got a $230 ticket
---
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
#5megax11Posted 11/18/2012 8:14:04 PM
Loving it. I was able to watch the Walking Dead tonight, while playing New Super Mario U in the palm of my hand.

We all had a blast playing games in ways every system I own dating back to the original NES can't hope to do.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1327 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28
#6laxnd23Posted 11/18/2012 8:14:26 PM
I enjoyed seeing some of my friends get one and their impressions of it, all favorable. Too bad I have to wait until after February so I don't get distracted while doing grad school apps.

Also the trolls trying to bring everyone down early in the day, then getting overpowered by the positive experiences as the day went on was cool.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#7Geminia999Posted 11/18/2012 8:14:49 PM
I played Nintendo land for far more than I wanted to. Also, saw a basketball game (home team won).
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#8FlyinTonitePosted 11/18/2012 8:16:36 PM
I'm so mad I couldn't pick up a game, my mom lent me 50 bucks to go buy a game and I worked from 1-7 and of course everything is freakin closed except for walmart and their subpar game selection. I just wanted sonic racing, the only game I can afford at the moment with the 40 dollar price tag lol
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#9stop3Posted 11/18/2012 8:16:54 PM
It totally sucked. My Wii U broke after the system update, it can no longer sync with a gamepad (it displays garbled sync-symbols so you can see what to type in). So I have to send it in to Nintendo to fix.
#10Kitt ThrustPosted 11/18/2012 8:19:05 PM
Wasn't planning on getting a Wii U today but ended up with a Deluxe which I absolutely love.

It was a fine day :)
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png