Can someone point me to a good USB HDD

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can someone point me to a good USB HDD

User Info: OzzieArcane

OzzieArcane
4 years ago#1
Can anyone recommend one that they know works with the system? My Wii U has rejected the Toshiba one I already have.
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com

User Info: libatako

libatako
4 years ago#2
http://www.staples.com/Western-Digital-My-Passport-320GB-USB-30-Portable-Hard-Drive-WDBKXH3200ABK-Black/product_722956
psn/xbl= libatako
@(> , <)@

User Info: mhunterchump

mhunterchump
4 years ago#3
OzzieArcane posted...
Can anyone recommend one that they know works with the system? My Wii U has rejected the Toshiba one I already have.

What do you mean by it rejected the toshiba one? I'm curious because I have a toshiba but wasn't going to hook it up until my 25 GB got lower.
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump

User Info: libatako

libatako
4 years ago#4
maybe it was 3.0.....or it was just broken, wonky, or some other reason.

Some people have complained here throughout the day that some usb hdd's havent worked properly.
psn/xbl= libatako
@(> , <)@

User Info: Great_Pudding_3

Great_Pudding_3
4 years ago#5
I'm still wondering what size I should go with...500gb will probably last me the gen, but maybe 1tb to be comfortable.
Stu, what are you doing?

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#6
It's likely a format issue. Have you tried formatting to FAT32?
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)

User Info: OzzieArcane

OzzieArcane
4 years ago#7
mhunterchump posted...
OzzieArcane posted...

What do you mean by it rejected the toshiba one? I'm curious because I have a toshiba but wasn't going to hook it up until my 25 GB got lower.

When I tried to format it just kept saying it couldn't format it.
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
4 years ago#8
I used a Western Digital with my original Wii, worked perfectly.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#9
I had a toshiba hdd on my wii u, but while the console could see and format it, it would end up freezing when trying to go back to the settings menu. Using a Y adapter fixed that though. Most of these usb powered hdd's are going to need the extra power you'd get if you got a usb y adapter cord.
I suppose a person that doesn't mind opening thier Wii U and voiding the warrenty could do that and just bridge the 5 volt line between 2 of the usb ports on there Wii U. I wouldn't recomend that though.

User Info: SimpleCRIPPLE

SimpleCRIPPLE
4 years ago#10
OzzieArcane posted...

I'm using an older Western Digital 100GB 7200RPM notebook drive I took out of my old MacBook Pro and a cheap $8 USB enclosure I got off eBay. Works great. Was recognized instantly by the WiiU and I've downloaded, patched and played Mario without any issues.
PSN - xSimpleCRIPPLEx
Xbox Live - SimpleCRIPPLE
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can someone point me to a good USB HDD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived