VC on Wii U (never owned the first wii)

#1SergeFiloPosted 11/18/2012 9:06:25 PM
I am curious to know if it is possible to download or purchase the classic nes titles from the old wii vc on the wii u? I never owned an original wii so I couldn't transfer the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2Ben_the_HumanPosted 11/18/2012 9:10:49 PM
You can purchase Wii Virtual Console titles by going into Wii Mode on Wii U.
#3SergeFilo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:12:35 PM
Ben_the_Human posted...
You can purchase Wii Virtual Console titles by going into Wii Mode on Wii U.

I tried doing that, unfortunately it takes me to the wii u eshop.
#4KillingHarderPosted 11/18/2012 9:13:27 PM
No click on Wii Menu. You have to have a WiiMote though which is why I haven't used it. Sucks.
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#5SergeFilo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:16:27 PM
KillingHarder posted...
No click on Wii Menu. You have to have a WiiMote though which is why I haven't used it. Sucks.

I bought the pro control, which the right analog stick moves the cursor. I'm able to enter and navigate the menu but I don't see the wii shop, any hint of an eshop takes me to the wii u eshop. Sigh..
#6BufkusPosted 11/18/2012 9:17:57 PM
SergeFilo posted...
KillingHarder posted...

I bought the pro control, which the right analog stick moves the cursor. I'm able to enter and navigate the menu but I don't see the wii shop, any hint of an eshop takes me to the wii u eshop. Sigh..

Do you see an icon for Wii Mode? Click on that.

It'll reset the system and load up the original Wii interface. There should be a Wii Shop Channel you can use to access the old stuff.
#7GhostDog90Posted 11/18/2012 9:18:52 PM
So does the pro controller work with Wii games and with games on the Virtual Console?
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Resident Evil 6, Okami HD, Jet Set Radio
Blog: http://dirtmcgehrk.tumblr.com/
#8SergeFilo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:36:24 AM
Has anyone been able to purchase the old games off the wii store? Not redownload, I mean newly purchase. I still cannot access te classic wii store menu.
#9SergeFilo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:08:20 AM
SergeFilo posted...
Has anyone been able to purchase the old games off the wii store? Not redownload, I mean newly purchase. I still cannot access te classic wii store menu.

So I was able to log in a me purchase games from the wii store. Now the question is, how do I transfer those files to my external hdd since the block space seems very limited on the console. Keep in mind I never owned the original wii.