VC on Wii U (never owned the first wii)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. VC on Wii U (never owned the first wii)

User Info: SergeFilo

SergeFilo
4 years ago#1
I am curious to know if it is possible to download or purchase the classic nes titles from the old wii vc on the wii u? I never owned an original wii so I couldn't transfer the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: Ben_the_Human

Ben_the_Human
4 years ago#2
You can purchase Wii Virtual Console titles by going into Wii Mode on Wii U.

SergeFilo
4 years ago#3
Ben_the_Human posted...
You can purchase Wii Virtual Console titles by going into Wii Mode on Wii U.

I tried doing that, unfortunately it takes me to the wii u eshop.

User Info: KillingHarder

KillingHarder
4 years ago#4
No click on Wii Menu. You have to have a WiiMote though which is why I haven't used it. Sucks.
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!

SergeFilo
4 years ago#5
KillingHarder posted...
No click on Wii Menu. You have to have a WiiMote though which is why I haven't used it. Sucks.

I bought the pro control, which the right analog stick moves the cursor. I'm able to enter and navigate the menu but I don't see the wii shop, any hint of an eshop takes me to the wii u eshop. Sigh..

User Info: Bufkus

Bufkus
4 years ago#6
SergeFilo posted...
KillingHarder posted...

I bought the pro control, which the right analog stick moves the cursor. I'm able to enter and navigate the menu but I don't see the wii shop, any hint of an eshop takes me to the wii u eshop. Sigh..

Do you see an icon for Wii Mode? Click on that.

It'll reset the system and load up the original Wii interface. There should be a Wii Shop Channel you can use to access the old stuff.

User Info: GhostDog90

GhostDog90
4 years ago#7
So does the pro controller work with Wii games and with games on the Virtual Console?
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Resident Evil 6, Okami HD, Jet Set Radio
Blog: http://dirtmcgehrk.tumblr.com/

SergeFilo
4 years ago#8
Has anyone been able to purchase the old games off the wii store? Not redownload, I mean newly purchase. I still cannot access te classic wii store menu.

SergeFilo
4 years ago#9
SergeFilo posted...
Has anyone been able to purchase the old games off the wii store? Not redownload, I mean newly purchase. I still cannot access te classic wii store menu.

So I was able to log in a me purchase games from the wii store. Now the question is, how do I transfer those files to my external hdd since the block space seems very limited on the console. Keep in mind I never owned the original wii.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. VC on Wii U (never owned the first wii)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived