I don't get how scalpers can do it during such a tough time of year...

#21crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 10:12:48 PM
And my friend who was a driver for Hostess isn't scalping his system(yet) but he is contemplating it now...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#22axe4hirePosted 11/18/2012 10:13:43 PM
These "poor" people should thank me. If somebody is trying to decide whether to buy a Wii U or pay for food/rent then I just made their decision easier for them.

/nothanksisnecessary
---
http://kotaku.com/5558637/newsflash-study-reveals-pro-gamers-are-out-of-shape - MLG is not a sport
Gamer Tag - Right Wing Red | PSN - Right_Wing_Red
#23overkillwfo1978Posted 11/18/2012 10:15:06 PM
It's a moral issue and many on this site have absolutely none. I totally agree with TC. It's not illegal, it's just ****ish. You are basically taking from the not-so-well off and giving to the very well off.

No one here will change their minds on this because the argument will be "it's totally legal" and "they should have got there in time.." blah blah. Back when I was younger I probably would have done this too without thinking about who it affects. Now that I am a bit older I just see it as being a jerk.

Picture a normal family working 2 jobs each to feed their kids and barely pay the bills and got to the store late just after you picked up the last 4 systems there to sell online. You are going to sell them to someone with no money problems at all and what might have been that only kids want for x-mas, he/she won't get now because mom and dad can't afford the $600 for a system.

I don't expect anyone here to agree with this or change their minds. I just think it is wrong. It's basically taking from the poor and giving to the rich. I just can't support that.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#24zepfyaPosted 11/18/2012 10:16:35 PM
It was easy to preorder multi systems the first couple days, whos fault is it?
#25LordBowserPosted 11/18/2012 10:16:38 PM
They do it because they can. Most people just don't care about anyone but themselves.

Things like morals, generosity, kindness, courtesy, and integrity are practically unheard of now. No one does anyone any favors. The fact that someone was shocked that you were kind to them is truly sad, but a simple fact of life.

The world is a pretty crappy place to live in right now, but it could always be worse... and it will be.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#26xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/18/2012 10:17:58 PM
I hate scalpers as much as the next guy. But here's the reality of the situation. The product they've bought was available to everyone at some point in time. They simply worked hard and took the time and money to do what they do.

While I don't condone what they do in some extreme situations, they only do it because it usually works. Where there is a buyer, there will be someone to sell to them.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#27overkillwfo1978Posted 11/18/2012 10:22:10 PM
I think we all understand why it is done and the fact that there is nothing stopping anyone from doing it. It's the thought behind what you are doing and as mentioned by another poster above, that is pretty much dead nowadays.

It's a lost cause...
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#28crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 10:23:10 PM
zepfya posted...
It was easy to preorder multi systems the first couple days, whos fault is it?

This..

Why was target letting people preorder 3 freaking systems online in the first place..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#29OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 10:24:33 PM
Glad I actually wised up, and pre-ordered as soon as I was able to.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#30duskkodeshPosted 11/18/2012 10:24:49 PM
There are lots of things that are ****ish that are accepted.

Companies charge wads of cash for needed meds.
Businesses fire people before they hit retirement to save on having to pay a pension.
Companies manufacture in nations where they can pay pennies on labor and teens work 60 hour weeks handling hazardous materials.

You think morally bankrupt things are going on OP then do what I do. Join me in volunteering at a local charity, donate some toys to Toys for Tots, or feed someone who needs food.

Whining helps nothing and really I don't think scalped video game consoles even rank in the top 500 problems of the world.
---
Humanity is stupid. Religion is just one of the many, many symptoms. - Justy Tylor