I don't get how scalpers can do it during such a tough time of year...

#41chaos_sage0265Posted 11/18/2012 11:33:05 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
So you'll help a homeless guy who can't afford a meal, a home or clothes on his back, simply knowing he needed the help as another human being. Yet you have no issues with buying up hard-to-find items during the holiday season and reselling them at a price only desperate people are going to go for? Your position as a "good person" really isn't up for debate when you're fully admitting to doing something hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? Please explain. There's nothing wrong about reselling a luxury item at a higher price. It is not immoral. It is not evil.

Because you're doing something kind for one person, then turning around and purposely making things more difficult for another just to benefit yourself. Yes, that is immoral. That's basically immorality in a nutshell. It doesn't matter if it's a luxury item, it's still something you're doing with the sole intent of taking advantage of others. Whether they have the means to purchase it or not, the only people who are going to buy from you are those who have no other options of obtaining one.

By your logic, all retailers are evil.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#42GLDanzegoPosted 11/18/2012 11:33:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
GLDanzego posted...
If you choose to pay inflated prices for something, then you're not getting screwed. People CAN always wait to buy things if they don't want to spend more than they have to. The folks buying these things are ultimately the ones making that choice, ya know. After all, we ARE talking about luxury items here, not necessities.

Except that's not entirely true as you are buying an item at an inflated price due to the fact that the systems have been bought up. I mean you could have actively hunted these things in the morning and found none because one guy bought like 5 of them.

You act as if people don't have a choice to wait until more are available. Yes, it sucks, but the buyers willing to pay more to get it NOW are the ones making that decision to do so. You go ahead and try to spin it however you'd like, but that's the bottom line.
#43crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 11:35:31 PM
Hey, let's take a look at Ebay right now.. There are people selling TONS of things for more than they actually cost in the stores and you can buy them right now..

For example zombieU for $69.99 - 3 copies sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZombiU-Zombie-U-Nintendo-Wii-U-2012-FREE-Shipping-Comes-out-Nov-18th-/181027094052?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a260e3e24

Toys R Us ran buy one get 40% off today... Who is buying this stuff at these crazy prices..?

It is crazy that in the year 2012 that there are so many people who only buy online and never go to the retail stores...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#44Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 11:36:23 PM
GLDanzego posted...
You act as if people don't have a choice to wait until more are available. Yes, it sucks, but the buyers willing to pay more to get it NOW are the ones making that decision to do so. You go ahead and try to spin it however you'd like, but that's the bottom line.

Yeah but outside what Nintendo said we have no idea how fast they will stock these systems and for some areas it's a lot harder to get stock then others. And by the end of it you still have scalpers that are screwing over potential buyers for buying more systems thus creating an issue with stock.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#45OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 11:36:47 PM
If I wasn't able to buy one at launch, I would wait. Not suckering myself to pay $500+ on a console that originally goes for $299-$349.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#46crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 11:37:18 PM
People are willing to pay whatever prices for the sheer convenience of NOT having to leave their homes...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#47OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 11:38:20 PM
crowkillers posted...
Hey, let's take a look at Ebay right now.. There are people selling TONS of things for more than they actually cost in the stores and you can buy them right now..

For example zombieU for $69.99 - 3 copies sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZombiU-Zombie-U-Nintendo-Wii-U-2012-FREE-Shipping-Comes-out-Nov-18th-/181027094052?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a260e3e24

Toys R Us ran buy one get 40% off today... Who is buying this stuff at these crazy prices..?

It is crazy that in the year 2012 that there are so many people who only buy online and never go to the retail stores...

Most retailers are actually sold out on some of these games you know.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#48axe4hirePosted 11/18/2012 11:38:30 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
If I wasn't able to buy one at launch, I would wait. Not suckering myself to pay $500+ on a console that originally goes for $299-$349.

I'm with you. However, I have no ill will towards people who sell or buy at inflated prices
---
http://kotaku.com/5558637/newsflash-study-reveals-pro-gamers-are-out-of-shape - MLG is not a sport
Gamer Tag - Right Wing Red | PSN - Right_Wing_Red
#49Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 11:38:46 PM
crowkillers posted...
People are willing to pay whatever prices for the sheer convenience of NOT having to leave their homes...

Or because they have and they couldn't find any consoles and possibility of there being a shortage. (worst case)
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#50LUlGIPosted 11/18/2012 11:39:28 PM
I stopped taking this topic seriously when TC was stupid enough to not know the difference between a murderer and someone who sells a gaming console at a higher price.

You guys should too.