I don't get how scalpers can do it during such a tough time of year...

#51GLDanzegoPosted 11/18/2012 11:40:07 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
GLDanzego posted...
If you choose to pay inflated prices for something, then you're not getting screwed. People CAN always wait to buy things if they don't want to spend more than they have to. The folks buying these things are ultimately the ones making that choice, ya know. After all, we ARE talking about luxury items here, not necessities.

You can look at a system as a luxury item if you wish. Some people look at it as what will make their kid happy X-mas morning. It doesn't have the same effect the middle of March.

Yes, I WILL look at it as a luxury item, because that's precisely what it is. Little Johnny's tantrum when he doesn't get the expensive game system he wants right when he wants it still doesn't make it a necessity.
#52danielmaynardPosted 11/18/2012 11:40:37 PM
Hey TC here's an idea since you think this whole 'scalping' and reselling systems is so horrible, why didn't you go out early this morning and go store to store and buy as many Wii U's as you could get your hands on and turn around and sell those systems for retail price to people you feel are worthy of it. You could of told your friends and family to do the same. You could sell it on the street and risk getting in trouble or sell it on eBay and cover the paypal, eBay, and shipping fees out of your own pocket because these poor people need their Wii U's for exactly $350 not a penny more. Hey maybe you could let eBay know what a joyous holiday gift you are providing to people and eBay would waive all the fees just for you and all your generosity. People shouldn't pay anything over retail even though they were to lazy to preorder or get up early this morning and get one at a retail store themselves, amiright?
#53DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:41:33 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
So you'll help a homeless guy who can't afford a meal, a home or clothes on his back, simply knowing he needed the help as another human being. Yet you have no issues with buying up hard-to-find items during the holiday season and reselling them at a price only desperate people are going to go for? Your position as a "good person" really isn't up for debate when you're fully admitting to doing something hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? Please explain. There's nothing wrong about reselling a luxury item at a higher price. It is not immoral. It is not evil.

Because you're doing something kind for one person, then turning around and purposely making things more difficult for another just to benefit yourself. Yes, that is immoral. That's basically immorality in a nutshell. It doesn't matter if it's a luxury item, it's still something you're doing with the sole intent of taking advantage of others. Whether they have the means to purchase it or not, the only people who are going to buy from you are those who have no other options of obtaining one.

By your logic, all retailers are evil.

Are you claiming they aren't? They are all as corrupt as any others, nobody is denying that. But for those of us who work for them it's up to us to do the right thing individually.

And since you brought up the whole "good person" thing before, if anybody should get that title it's my friend. Without him I wouldn't even have gotten a Wii U today. He was good enough to not only pay the entire amount for the console because I happen to be someone of extremely low means, he did it purely because he wanted the opportunity for us to both enjoy it. He also had a separate Gamestop pre-order which he initially thought about reselling, but not even a second later decided he "couldn't do such a heartless thing during the holidays." He instead purchased that third console for his other friend.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#54crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 11:41:54 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
crowkillers posted...
Hey, let's take a look at Ebay right now.. There are people selling TONS of things for more than they actually cost in the stores and you can buy them right now..

For example zombieU for $69.99 - 3 copies sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZombiU-Zombie-U-Nintendo-Wii-U-2012-FREE-Shipping-Comes-out-Nov-18th-/181027094052?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a260e3e24

Toys R Us ran buy one get 40% off today... Who is buying this stuff at these crazy prices..?

It is crazy that in the year 2012 that there are so many people who only buy online and never go to the retail stores...

Most retailers are actually sold out on some of these games you know.

Who is sold out..? We didn't get to Toys R Us until 10:30 a.m.(2.5 hours after they opened) and they had TONS of slips for all of the games, Gamestop was also well stocked with games...

There is NO justification for anyone paying $69.99 for a game that can currently be bought in the store for $59.99(plus whatever you states tax is)
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#55OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 11:42:29 PM
Baha05 posted...
crowkillers posted...
People are willing to pay whatever prices for the sheer convenience of NOT having to leave their homes...

Or because they have and they couldn't find any consoles and possibility of there being a shortage. (worst case)

EBGames has a waiting list, just pre-order it from them and whenever they get more in stock you get it.

Forcing yourself to pay $500+ on a console worth $299 is just stupid imo.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#56OoSubaruoOPosted 11/18/2012 11:44:01 PM
crowkillers posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
crowkillers posted...
Hey, let's take a look at Ebay right now.. There are people selling TONS of things for more than they actually cost in the stores and you can buy them right now..

For example zombieU for $69.99 - 3 copies sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZombiU-Zombie-U-Nintendo-Wii-U-2012-FREE-Shipping-Comes-out-Nov-18th-/181027094052?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a260e3e24

Toys R Us ran buy one get 40% off today... Who is buying this stuff at these crazy prices..?

It is crazy that in the year 2012 that there are so many people who only buy online and never go to the retail stores...

Most retailers are actually sold out on some of these games you know.

Who is sold out..? We didn't get to Toys R Us until 10:30 a.m.(2.5 hours after they opened) and they had TONS of slips for all of the games, Gamestop was also well stocked with games...

There is NO justification for anyone paying $69.99 for a game that can currently be bought in the store for $59.99(plus whatever you states tax is)

Just because your stores had plenty of copies in stock, doesn't mean every other retailer had it in stock still.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#57DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:46:15 PM
LUlGI posted...
I stopped taking this topic seriously when TC was stupid enough to not know the difference between a murderer and someone who sells a gaming console at a higher price.

You guys should too.

Are you high? I said I see no difference between doing one immoral thing over another! It's just like people in proson. Child molesters in prison get brutally beaten by other inmates because of their crimes against children, yet the people kicking their asses are all murderers, thieves, etc. Just because one thing can be drastically worse than another doesn't make it any better. You have no way to back up such a stupid argument.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#58crazyman32Posted 11/18/2012 11:46:36 PM
crowkillers posted...
zepfya posted...
It was easy to preorder multi systems the first couple days, whos fault is it?

This..

Why was target letting people preorder 3 freaking systems online in the first place..?

Agreed This
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#59crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 11:47:08 PM
I admit though, it is a little sickening to see a guy on Ebay with a pyramid built out of 20 Wii U systems, but then again, he is taking a risk spending that all that money on hopes that the Systems sell well and are in demand... Of course he'll never go in the hole over it, but still...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#60MinistryCallPosted 11/18/2012 11:47:23 PM
ITT: TC doesn't see a difference between genocide and console scalping.