I don't get how scalpers can do it during such a tough time of year...

#61crazyman32Posted 11/18/2012 11:48:24 PM
LUlGI posted...
I stopped taking this topic seriously when TC was stupid enough to not know the difference between a murderer and someone who sells a gaming console at a higher price.

You guys should too.

yeah TC is obviously not bright if he couldn't tell that difference.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#62crowkillersPosted 11/18/2012 11:49:12 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
crowkillers posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
crowkillers posted...
Hey, let's take a look at Ebay right now.. There are people selling TONS of things for more than they actually cost in the stores and you can buy them right now..

For example zombieU for $69.99 - 3 copies sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZombiU-Zombie-U-Nintendo-Wii-U-2012-FREE-Shipping-Comes-out-Nov-18th-/181027094052?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a260e3e24

Toys R Us ran buy one get 40% off today... Who is buying this stuff at these crazy prices..?

It is crazy that in the year 2012 that there are so many people who only buy online and never go to the retail stores...

Most retailers are actually sold out on some of these games you know.

Who is sold out..? We didn't get to Toys R Us until 10:30 a.m.(2.5 hours after they opened) and they had TONS of slips for all of the games, Gamestop was also well stocked with games...

There is NO justification for anyone paying $69.99 for a game that can currently be bought in the store for $59.99(plus whatever you states tax is)

Just because your stores had plenty of copies in stock, doesn't mean every other retailer had it in stock still.

Could be, but I don't recall any threads on here today complaining about places being sold out of games... Most places got more games in than they did systems...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#63DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:50:13 PM
crazyman32 posted...
LUlGI posted...
I stopped taking this topic seriously when TC was stupid enough to not know the difference between a murderer and someone who sells a gaming console at a higher price.

You guys should too.

Because you're a little slow I'll break this down for you. Whatever device you're using should grant you the ability to go back a page or two. If you click one of the numbers it will bring you right there, I promise. I have faith you can figure out the rest.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#64LUlGIPosted 11/18/2012 11:51:54 PM
Are you high? I said I see no difference between doing one immoral thing over another! It's just like people in proson. Child molesters in prison get brutally beaten by other inmates because of their crimes against children, yet the people kicking their asses are all murderers, thieves, etc. Just because one thing can be drastically worse than another doesn't make it any better. You have no way to back up such a stupid argument.

That's nice and all but shut the f*** up.
#65DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:54:19 PM
LUlGI posted...
Are you high? I said I see no difference between doing one immoral thing over another! It's just like people in proson. Child molesters in prison get brutally beaten by other inmates because of their crimes against children, yet the people kicking their asses are all murderers, thieves, etc. Just because one thing can be drastically worse than another doesn't make it any better. You have no way to back up such a stupid argument.

That's nice and all but shut the f*** up.

Always fun to watch trolls resort to that. :) Try harder next time.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#66MinistryCallPosted 11/18/2012 11:54:34 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
crazyman32 posted...
LUlGI posted...

You guys should too.

Because you're a little slow I'll break this down for you. Whatever device you're using should grant you the ability to go back a page or two. If you click one of the numbers it will bring you right there, I promise. I have faith you can figure out the rest.

It's OK to be irrational dude, no need to get all defensive. You're ultimately providing us with entertainment :)
#67danielmaynardPosted 11/18/2012 11:55:37 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
GLDanzego posted...
If you choose to pay inflated prices for something, then you're not getting screwed. People CAN always wait to buy things if they don't want to spend more than they have to. The folks buying these things are ultimately the ones making that choice, ya know. After all, we ARE talking about luxury items here, not necessities.

You can look at a system as a luxury item if you wish. Some people look at it as what will make their kid happy X-mas morning. It doesn't have the same effect the middle of March.

Too bad, so sad. I asked for a NES in October of 1987 and got one for Christmas 1989. That was and forever will be the best Christmas ever because strange thing is you tend to appreciate something more when you have waited for it or earned it yourself. Cry me a river for poor little Johnny that didn't get his Wii U on launch day because mommy and daddy didn't buy retail and refuse to pay the high internet prices. High prices that I must add are caused by overly wealthy (or just plain stupid) people that pay double retail price for their spoiled brats.
#68SoljahPosted 11/18/2012 11:56:56 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
I mean morally, how can these people not look into a mirror and be disgusted at themselves? The economy (in the US) is still in a sorry state and people are struggling just to make ends meet, let alone be able to get Christmas presents for their kids. The fact that scalpers are willing to take advantage of others by charging double or sometimes more for consoles just to make a profit for themselves is sickening. Yeah, money is important and necessary to survive, but if these people really needed the extra cash they wouldn't have the money to purchase a Wii U in the first place, let alone sit around waiting for an eBay auction to end.

I work in electronics for a retail store and managed to get a deluxe set reserved when they came in, a lucky break since I could only get the standard one reserved at Gamestop. With the intention of taking my reserve off at Gamestop, I first ended up meeting a couple at my job who desperately wanted the basic standard edition to give their daughter as a Christmas gift. Although I knew I could make quite a bit selling the extra Wii U, I took it upon myself to offer it to them just so their daughter could wake up on Christmas with something to look forward to. The look of shock on their faces was priceless, but worth way more thank a few extra hundred bucks in my pocket.

I fully admit that it's rare for me to do many selfless acts. I look out for myself as much as the next guy. But the feeling I got seeing how happy that couple was made me realize just how sick this scalping this really is. I saw the desperation firsthand and thought about how I'd feel in the same situation. The same feeling I got trying to find the original Wii all those years ago.

Scalpers, you're going to do this regardless of what some guy on the internet thinks. But I hope the next time someone does a random act of kindness for you, you question whether or not you're deserving of it.

See, it's funny. A few weeks ago, I broke down in the middle of the hood in the cold/pouring rain. A homeless guy with no jacket, only a short sleeve shirt and a blanket, was huddled under a rafter trying to get warm. I had a bunch of extra warm clothes in the back seat of my car so I got out and gave them all to him. We got to talking and then walked to the nearest food joint and I paid for his meal. We sat and talked for an hour while I waited on AAA to tow my vehicle. Imagine walking into a diner and seeing a prep sitting with a bum talking over burgers.

I reserved two Wii U's with the sole purpose of reselling both of them. Who are you to judge me on whether or not I'm a good person?

doing 1 good thing does not mean you are a saint. Who do you think you are kid?
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#69Wild_StudkipPosted 11/19/2012 12:01:14 AM
doing 1 good thing does not mean you are a saint. Who do you think you are kid?

Selling some consoles does not make him evil either.
#70ArcadianGenesisPosted 11/19/2012 12:06:18 AM
I completely agree with the TC. Those of you who are making the argument that "there are lots of worse things in the world than this" are missing the point. In reality, the practice of scalping embodies the same violations of basic morality that are the root causes of suffering and class stratification in the world. Scalping is just one instantiation of that evil - perhaps a relatively harmless instance, but evil nonetheless.

But hey - as I always say - this is the sort of behavior our society promotes, so what can you expect? Until we have a revolution of cultural values, we're going to keep seeing sick behavior like this. It's a social sickness. For those of you who are interested in these issues, check out this Youtube series called Culture in Decline:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CultureInDecline
---
Ninety percent of life is just being there.