I don't get how scalpers can do it during such a tough time of year...

#71danielmaynardPosted 11/19/2012 12:18:31 AM
ArcadianGenesis posted...
I completely agree with the TC. Those of you who are making the argument that "there are lots of worse things in the world than this" are missing the point. In reality, the practice of scalping embodies the same violations of basic morality that are the root causes of suffering and class stratification in the world. Scalping is just one instantiation of that evil - perhaps a relatively harmless instance, but evil nonetheless.

But hey - as I always say - this is the sort of behavior our society promotes, so what can you expect? Until we have a revolution of cultural values, we're going to keep seeing sick behavior like this. It's a social sickness. For those of you who are interested in these issues, check out this Youtube series called Culture in Decline:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CultureInDecline

This is the truth, "society promotes" this type of behavior and we are taught from the time we are children to follow societies ways. You don't follow societies ways and you are punished for it, whether it is being put on time out or going to jail you are punished. So people earn money in ways that "society promotes" and we condone them. Scalping is a business like any other, maybe a looked down on business like a lawyer but still a business. Make it illegal, change retail policies and make retailers only allowed to sell one system per person and have it tied to the persons drivers license. Do something about it, but don't condone something that is perfectly legal because you don't accept it (or are jealous because you didn't get a Wii U, j/k).
#72soulllPosted 11/19/2012 12:22:19 AM
Anyone who thinks its wrong lives in a sheltered bubble.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md6mpn8g7Z1qa5rnho1_400.gif
#73crazyman32Posted 11/19/2012 12:48:24 AM
soulll posted...
Anyone who thinks its wrong lives in a sheltered bubble.

I don't have a problem with people buying the Wii U and then selling it for profit it's just smart business and no one is forcing someone to pay $500 or more for the console.I am just laughing at people getting all pissed off over it this comes down to a customer who has no patience to buy one themselves or wait to purchase one at retail and if they wanted the Wii U so bad they could have pre ordered one months ago.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#74NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/19/2012 12:55:02 AM
I was wondering why there was a massive shortage and people posting pics of them holding tons of twinkies.

I google and found out the company is shutting down.

People will do anything to make a quick buck.
#75LordcrabfoodPosted 11/19/2012 3:24:19 AM
Meanwhile, I am laughing all the way to the bank.
#76GogglesFrogPosted 11/19/2012 3:34:46 AM
Lol. Scalpers can be pretty bad but you're making the Wii U sound like....I don't know, food?. It's just a VG console man.
---
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."
#77crazyman32Posted 11/19/2012 3:40:26 AM
GogglesFrog posted...
Lol. Scalpers can be pretty bad but you're making the Wii U sound like....I don't know, food?. It's just a VG console man.

lol no kidding some people on here are acting like they developed the console and are obsessed with anyone who wants to sell the system. They bought with their own money and they want to make some profit from that purchase good for them and no one is forcing people to pay $500 and up for a Wii U. They can get one at a store or online or just wait to get one it's people that are just impatient that are willing to pay that much for a game console.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#78stoney2005Posted 11/19/2012 3:47:55 AM
#^@%ing bible beaters gettin thick this time of year
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?