So is it just gamers that mostly do these midnight launch purchases?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So is it just gamers that mostly do these midnight launch purchases?

User Info: DesperateMonkey

DesperateMonkey
4 years ago#1
Seems like gamers in general are some of the most hardcore and enthusiastic hobbyists. I guess iPhones is another example but gamers seem to do this with much higher frequency.
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H

User Info: QuinnandGoblin

QuinnandGoblin
4 years ago#2
I'd say the iphone ipad crowd do it a lot more than gamers nowdays, lot more of those launches on a regular basis than a gaming console with the constant iphone/pads launching.
psn- armada66 ....xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393

User Info: Valkerion757

Valkerion757
4 years ago#3
More events to do it is all. Its all fake hype by stores though. When I worked at best buy last year they did midnight launch for Disneyland Kinect... no lie.
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)

User Info: hypermoe

hypermoe
4 years ago#4
I wouldnt say mostly gamers at least from where i am at. Like when the 3ds launched i remember a lot of old people coming probably getting for their grandchildren. if i remember correctly about 5-9 people i would classify as gamers (in the stereotypical way) the only 20+ people were just getting for their kids, or something.

For me i see myself going to them less and less. I mean i still enjoy games, just i guess its pointless to stay up till 10-12 to wait in line and get a game when i can rest and get it in the morning with ease. Although ill admit as well im mainly buying things online now as i rarely go out thanks to school and work.
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!

User Info: Reedeemer

Reedeemer
4 years ago#5
Except for 5 or so (of the people I talked to) of the 20-25 ppl, everyone at the 6:00am line to get WiiUs were easily 25+ in age, lots of parents getting the consoles for their kids.

I was pretty surprised, you'd think these types of people are the ones that come all late towards the holidays and don't know squat, but the 2 guys in front of me were in their 30s picking it up for their kids and the older guy knew what he was talking about.
WiiU: rZetro ::: ZETRO
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So is it just gamers that mostly do these midnight launch purchases?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived