Who here doesn't have a Wii U, and why?

#11uneedtowakeupPosted 11/19/2012 2:54:57 AM
Because its the first Nintendo console Ive never been excited about.

I don't wait it and I hate the path gaming is going down.

All social/connectivity bullcrap
#12Baha05Posted 11/19/2012 2:57:48 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Update that can brick system, OS system problems, severe lack of memory, extremely poor battery put into system, charging 50 cents to validate minor accounts, slower than advertised ram...shall i go on?

Only a few things can really be considered screwing people over. The bricking one is not one of those things, same with RAM.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 11/19/2012 2:58:26 AM
I didn't preorder, and the Deluxe models were all sold out at the Walmart, two GameStops, and FYE I visited yesterday.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14zalak321Posted 11/19/2012 3:00:02 AM
Suspicious my parents already ordered for me for xmas
---
I am now the ruler of this board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563205-sonic-championship There is no one there for me to rule though...
#15alphonsoeqPosted 11/19/2012 3:08:15 AM
I don't have one yet. I NEVER buy consoles at launch. I wait for everyone who does to beta test for me and buy one when it works properly
#16kbe2k2Posted 11/19/2012 3:09:59 AM
I want one I'm just not interested in any of the games that are out for it right now.
#17The_OllynatorPosted 11/19/2012 3:11:05 AM(edited)
I don't have a Wii U yet... because it's still in the mail.

(1) Update that can brick system, (2) OS system problems, (3) severe lack of memory, (4) extremely poor battery put into system, (5) charging 50 cents to validate minor accounts, (6) slower than advertised ram...shall i go on?

(1) Only if you don't follow the instructions (like you are always given with any computer update) and shut it off during the update, and even then it's not guaranteed. Seriously, this has been blown hilariously out of proportion.
(2) Like what? It functions, maybe it needs a little further optimization, but nothing that affects it's functionality.
(3) Compared to what, speculated hardware for PS4/720? Funny.
(4) What?
(5) Does this actually affect you? Because if you're a minor, you shouldn't be here. And even if you're thinking siblings/your own kids, then it should be noted that's it's literally only 50 cents. If you just spent $300+ on a console, 50 cents is so negligible for you the consumer.
(6) Did they 'advertise' the speed of the RAM? Also, that reported ram is more like what is found in PC's, and they seem to 'get by'.

So please... go on :D
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly)
#18DeathSoul2000Posted 11/19/2012 3:12:57 AM
wneiss posted...
miffie_1 posted...
It isn't out where I live yet.

Wait; what?

UK NOV 30th!

NO ONE CARES!
#19The_OllynatorPosted 11/19/2012 3:15:08 AM
wneiss posted...
miffie_1 posted...
It isn't out where I live yet.

Wait; what?

UK NOV 30th!

NO ONE CARES!

I care.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly)
#20hypermoePosted 11/19/2012 3:15:14 AM
I ordered online, and mail doesnt get delivered on Sundays. I chose to go online since the only place that takes preorders in store near me is Gamestop and lets just say their track records for preorders hasnt been good. I never got my Wii near launch despite preordering, and paying it all off well before there was an actual wait list. the 3ds was almost the same they claim they never got their shipment and ordered people one by one at the counter around midnight to go home. While some people left one employee came out and "found" a box full 3ds in the back room and was on our way. The thing that baffles me about that is that they supposedly had their shipment a week in advance and actually had a couple box display in a glass case. To not have things ready well before hand was just dumb.

The only nearest place that sells games/system is Walmart and i cannot wait in lines for days on end since i have school and work. I rather order it online and wait a couple days to get my item than go to gamestop and have that chance that i not get my item and have to wait weeks/month for their next shipments.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!