Who here doesn't have a Wii U, and why?

#31stekim40Posted 11/19/2012 4:10:48 AM
Me.

I did actually have a premier one pre-ordered but then the Elite: Dangerous kickstarter came along and as I'm not rich, I had to pick what I wanted more and Elite won.

I probably will get a Wii U sometime next year though.
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
#32blankempathyPosted 11/19/2012 4:11:56 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Why would someone buy this console in the present digital age when your Nintendo ID is tied to the console and you lose it if something happens to the console such as a repair or if it gets stolen.

That is a lot of digital content to potentially lose not to mention also losing your Nintendo ID as well. Even if Nintendo can restore your purchases ultimately you would lose your Nintendo ID itself and you can't take it with you to play on another system.

Nintendo just wants this generation of console to fail apparently.

Nothing but what ifs. Is that the best you can really come up with it?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#33Cletus5258Posted 11/19/2012 4:12:58 AM
Don't have the money yet to shell out for the console, then turn around and pay $250 for rent.
---
I've been reborn as "Cletus_The_Hick"
Whenever I use the bathroom, I'm going to yell "COME FORTH, PUPU!!!"--EternalGuardian07
#34The_DjokerPosted 11/19/2012 4:13:04 AM
- Overpriced.
- No worthwhile games right now
- No real purpose to need one right now
- My most wanted wii U games are still 1-2 years away.
- I never ever buy consoles at launch and have only done it for 1 console ever..that was the N64.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#35The_DjokerPosted 11/19/2012 4:14:58 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Why would someone buy this console in the present digital age when your Nintendo ID is tied to the console and you lose it if something happens to the console such as a repair or if it gets stolen.

That is a lot of digital content to potentially lose not to mention also losing your Nintendo ID as well. Even if Nintendo can restore your purchases ultimately you would lose your Nintendo ID itself and you can't take it with you to play on another system.

Nintendo just wants this generation of console to fail apparently.

Nothing but what ifs. Is that the best you can really come up with it?

is That the best defense you can come up with? And you still play Brawl. cmon kid, it's not 2008 anymore.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#36stop3Posted 11/19/2012 4:21:52 AM
I don't have one because the one I bought killed itself after installing the system update.
#37jmichaelbpPosted 11/19/2012 4:23:44 AM
It isn't out where I live ;-;

*cries*
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#38KiutsuPosted 11/19/2012 4:29:54 AM
I'm happy with my PC, PS3, 360. I have no need for another console at the moment nor do i buy them on release dates. Besides i don't like the launch games, not my taste. The only game so far that might make me buy it is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which is 2013 march..
#39MogwaiFSPosted 11/19/2012 4:42:41 AM
Only reason I don't have one is because I ran out of HDMI inputs between my TV and my receiver.
---
Rizzen76 - PSN/XBL
#40mcsmellingtonPosted 11/19/2012 4:46:12 AM
I'm still debating cancelling my pre-order. It's only the Basic model, so the 3gb of HD space is a bit of a kick in the balls. I'm still not sure about ZombiU either. It looks good, but it does sound repetitive and all the comparisons to Demon/Dark Souls are putting me off.

Plus it's not out where I live.
---
GT: McPoo