Who here doesn't have a Wii U, and why?

#41SorvPosted 11/19/2012 5:48:21 AM
My main reason is that I'm waiting for a better line up of games. I'm a 98% RPG player, so I'm waiting to see if something will show up. Right now, the games I'm interested in are all multi-platform, so not really worth it for me. I don't feel like paying 450$ to play another Mario game, however good it is.

Also, I'm going out on a trip in 2 weeks and I'd rather keep whatever funds I have for that.
---
---
My page on the best site ever for music freaks: http://rateyourmusic.com/~Razor45
#42Starman49843Posted 11/19/2012 5:49:10 AM
I still have some resentment about how they screwed us over in favor of casual gamers. And now that that market's becoming tapped out (casual gamers moving to other things, or playing casual games on other various devices) they're now trying to win us back. Sorta like when a friend ditches you repeatedly to be with his new girlfriend, then when they break up, they think they can just mosey on up to you and act like it didn't even happen. Sorry buddy. It doesn't work like that.

Not saying that NO good disk games came out for the Wii, but the number is pretty paltry compared to the 360.
---
If you go to a drive-thru, and your gut touches the steering wheel, yes, we make fun of you. Don't kid yourself, the smile and the politeness are always fake.
#43MogwaiFSPosted 11/19/2012 5:51:37 AM
Starman49843 posted...
I still have some resentment about how they screwed us over in favor of casual gamers. And now that that market's becoming tapped out (casual gamers moving to other things, or playing casual games on other various devices) they're now trying to win us back. Sorta like when a friend ditches you repeatedly to be with his new girlfriend, then when they break up, they think they can just mosey on up to you and act like it didn't even happen. Sorry buddy. It doesn't work like that.

Not saying that NO good disk games came out for the Wii, but the number is pretty paltry compared to the 360.

Hardcore.
---
Rizzen76 - PSN/XBL
#44Super SlashPosted 11/19/2012 5:52:35 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
If the reason is "It isn't out where I live yet" then don't bother posting because that's boring.

I'm fairly interested in the Wii U but at the moment it's a fair bit too expensive for me and doesn't have any games that I really want available now or in the near future.

I'll probably cave and buy one when Super Smash Bros is eventually released - hopefully it'll have gone down in price by then.

Pretty much exactly this. It looks like a cool system, but the novelty always wears off fast if there aren't enough games to keep it fun.
#45MidiaNitePosted 11/19/2012 5:57:56 AM
Not enough games to warrant the purchase. I'm interested in ZombiU, but aside from that, there is nothing within launch window that appeals to me. I thought Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends would be launch window games, but those aren't releasing this year?...

I still am unsure whether that warrants buying the since I could enjoy cheap current and last gen games in both quantity and quality. However, if Nintendo releases a new big IP or Retro unveils an appealing title for the Wii U (Metroid?), I'll be sold.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6: Transformed
#46jakerscythePosted 11/19/2012 5:58:55 AM
The only games I would like for the Wii U are games that I already own for PS3/X360.
#47hyjinx17Posted 11/19/2012 6:05:13 AM
I'm gonna wait until Spring. There will be a better library available, any system breaking bugs will be dealt with, any changes to annoying things with the online system should be addressed and all the video watching apps will be available.

Besides, there's nothing on the system I absolutely can't wait to play yet
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#48Poopcorn13Posted 11/19/2012 6:05:20 AM
Waiting for The Wonderful 101
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#49LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 11/19/2012 6:05:56 AM
I'm fairly interested in the Wii U but at the moment it's a fair bit too expensive for me and doesn't have any games that I really want available now or in the near future.

I'll probably cave and buy one when Super Smash Bros is eventually released - hopefully it'll have gone down in price by then.

There's no price limit when it comes to Nintendo consoles. I paid almost $500 for a Wii long ago on ebay but it's bundled with other accessories just to be able to play Zelda: Twilight Princess with motion controls. Good thing I'm only spending regular price with my Walmart.com preorder for Wii U.

If you don't like any of the 30 launch games and the ones in the near future, then that's a boring reason. Yes, SSBros. is the best reason to own a Wii U but there's many other games.
---
3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070. SSB Brawl FC: 3265-4738-3740
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#50BanditOfCliffsPosted 11/19/2012 6:07:08 AM
Getting it for Christmas haha
---
I dunno, man