So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

User Info: ThE MaSTeR 3

ThE MaSTeR 3
4 years ago#1
I have a limited 5GB monthly cap. I was already at 4+GB used for the month before the wii u. Now it downloaded a 1GB update without my permission while I was playing nintendoland and I owe my ISP $10 for going over my monthly limit.

THANKS NINTENDO! what a great feature. how about you let us turn off wii connect 24 like we could on Wii.

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
4 years ago#2
Sorry that happened to you :(

Time for a new ISP though, 5gb is beyond pitiful. I'm not a heavy user and I sometimes struggle to keep within my 100gb per month limit. 5gb is pitiful
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: AndehPandy

AndehPandy
4 years ago#3
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
I have a limited 5GB monthly cap. I was already at 4+GB used for the month before the wii u. Now it downloaded a 1GB update without my permission while I was playing nintendoland and I owe my ISP $10 for going over my monthly limit.

THANKS NINTENDO! what a great feature. how about you let us turn off wii connect 24 like we could on Wii.

5gb a month? jesus...are you on Dial up too?
Gamertag: Andehxxx
PSN: InstantPuddin

User Info: Ericxc

Ericxc
4 years ago#4
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...

5GB... a month...

He must be on one of those Free AOL internet disks...
:3

User Info: ThE MaSTeR 3

ThE MaSTeR 3
4 years ago#5
stekim40 posted...
Sorry that happened to you :(

Time for a new ISP though, 5gb is beyond pitiful. I'm not a heavy user and I sometimes struggle to keep within my 100gb per month limit. 5gb is pitiful

lol no choice. either that or dialup. atleast I can play online games with my 4G internet. dialup is useless for everything.

User Info: CultOfCider

CultOfCider
4 years ago#6
it just connected and did that? amazing.
I thought you had to connect it yourself to your home network.
---

User Info: buster8695

buster8695
4 years ago#7
Absolutely 0 reason to have a monthly cap. 0. You tell your ISP to blow it and switch to something different.

User Info: djruden

djruden
4 years ago#8
5Gb cap = YIKES, run like hell from that.

I pay for 2 internet connections, one thru my cable (Mediacom) which is unlimited and one thru my phone service (AT&T) which is also unlimited.

Let the data flow freely baby!

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
4 years ago#9
So... you're entire house... is tethered to your phone?
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4

User Info: Zato Infinite

Zato Infinite
4 years ago#10
Nintendo didn't screw you. You screwed yourself when you decided to cheap out and go with the 5 gig limit.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived