So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

#21ShadowSkill11Posted 11/19/2012 8:20:02 AM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
I have a limited 5GB monthly cap. I was already at 4+GB used for the month before the wii u. Now it downloaded a 1GB update without my permission while I was playing nintendoland and I owe my ISP $10 for going over my monthly limit.

THANKS NINTENDO! what a great feature. how about you let us turn off wii connect 24 like we could on Wii.

You get what you pay for. Switch ISP's if you don't like data caps. I have a Fios service and unlimited data. Wy don't you? Hmm?
#22datopgamerPosted 11/19/2012 8:22:59 AM
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
datopgamer posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
CultOfCider posted...
it just connected and did that? amazing.
I thought you had to connect it yourself to your home network.

no smartass. I gave it my internet info. the problem is I didnt allow it to download stuff without my permission. Wii U has no toggle for wii connect 24/7 its ALWAYS ON.

nintendo decided forcing people to downlod things was the way to go instead of being smart.

Nintendo isn't forcing anyone to download anything. If you don't want your console downloading anything then take it off your network until you need to download. It's not anything new either because I believe the wii did the same thing and so does the ps3.

wrong. wii and ps3 dont auto download without permission. they give you a prompt. I assumed it would be safe to have my info saved since its NEVER been a problem in the past. I didnt think nintendo was stupid enough to force downloading in the background. now I am aware and it sucks. have to redo my internet each time I want to use eshop :(

I forgot its a ps+ thing. My console downloads updates and free games I haven't downloaded yet.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Corsair 750TX PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#23MageofBlood391Posted 11/19/2012 8:23:19 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
I have a limited 5GB monthly cap. I was already at 4+GB used for the month before the wii u. Now it downloaded a 1GB update without my permission while I was playing nintendoland and I owe my ISP $10 for going over my monthly limit.

THANKS NINTENDO! what a great feature. how about you let us turn off wii connect 24 like we could on Wii.

You get what you pay for. Switch ISP's if you don't like data caps. I have a Fios service and unlimited data. Wy don't you? Hmm?

Logically because it's either not offered where he is or because he can't afford it. "Why don't you just have more money?" doesn't cut it.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#24BlackstarLegendPosted 11/19/2012 8:25:51 AM
MageofBlood391 posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...

Logically because it's either not offered where he is or because he can't afford it. "Why don't you just have more money?" doesn't cut it.

Exactly. I live in an area where it's dial up or satellite internet. No amount of money will get me a better connect. We have 10 GB a month PERIOD and yesterday the Wii U at through 1.5 GB of that without me knowing. There needs to be an option to turn the dang internet off.
#25LordPonchoPosted 11/19/2012 8:28:51 AM
MageofBlood391 posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...

Can't afford it, yet he can afford overpriced data on a phone and tethers to that? Yup, uh huh.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 11/19/2012 8:29:01 AM
Forgive my ignorance, (grips flame shield) aren't data caps exclusive to cell phone providers?

I use Brighthouse Networks for my internet and I've never heard of a data limit. Do home providers have data limits?
---
I'm a doctor too.
#27EricxcPosted 11/19/2012 8:29:43 AM
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
Forgive my ignorance, (grips flame shield) aren't data caps exclusive to cell phone providers?

I use Brighthouse Networks for my internet and I've never heard of a data limit. Do home providers have data limits?

Yes, you can usually find it on the account settings.
---
:3
#28joeskeletorPosted 11/19/2012 8:34:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29DanspurtPosted 11/19/2012 8:32:59 AM
Maybe it's like that South Park episode.

Did you by chance scroll past the Terms of Agreement and pressing "I Accept" without reading it? Might have been something about it there... :P
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#30Bubumon81Posted 11/19/2012 8:34:17 AM
Guys are you serious?!?! who the hell cares about which internet connection the TC has! the point is, is true that Nintento forces background downloads without your permission?
---
I'm from Italy, but my name is not Mario and i am not a plumber...