So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

#31MageofBlood391Posted 11/19/2012 8:36:09 AM(edited)
LordPoncho posted...
Can't afford it, yet he can afford overpriced data on a phone and tethers to that? Yup, uh huh.

Ignoring that he already said that it's just not offered:

What the hell's gotten you so angered? Does the concept of priority exist to you? Smartphones aren't really overpriced today, seeing as they're more or less a necessity in a lot of places, and the cost of owning one is only a little more than the cost of high-speed internet. There are different degrees of wealth than "I can buy anything I want" and "I barely survive on food stamps," man.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#32halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/19/2012 8:38:57 AM
ITT: everyone in the world lives in a metro area where you have plentiful options for ISPs

TC is probably in a rural area, and 4G is a hell of a lot better than dial-up or satellite internet.

It really is ridiculous that Nintendo doesnt have a option to turn it off besides just disconnecting the Wii U from your network. Literally no good reason to not have that option.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#33srad1292Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:02 AM
joeskeletor posted...
jesus christ i live in back asswards alabama and im not dumb enough to sign uo for a monthly limit either u northerners are deedee our your deeedeee. Either way ur deedee. Case in point if u enter into a banwith contract u are a moron.

Super UAU you're not dumb enough to sign up for a data cap but you are just plain dumb. Who quotes Carlos Mencia geez.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/srad1292
http://i.imgur.com/eEGxb.jpg ...... http://i.imgur.com/90453.gif
#34PokeclipsePosted 11/19/2012 8:40:53 AM
Bubumon81 posted...
Guys are you serious?!?! who the hell cares about which internet connection the TC has! the point is, is true that Nintento forces background downloads without your permission?

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering about as well. I can't imagine there not being an option to disable automatic downloads. If this is true, then Nintendo really made a mistake here.
---
MK7 name: Shane
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#35Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 11/19/2012 8:41:52 AM
srad1292 posted...
Who quotes Carlos Mencia geez.

Brilliant!
---
I'm a doctor too.
#36MisterSmeePosted 11/19/2012 8:52:01 AM
No option to stop automatic downloads sounds incredibly lame. I dont want to have sudden lag when im playing online on my PC because the wii-u has decided to download something.

I hate not having control over my internet connection, if something is downloading and i havent told it to do so it infuriates me.
#37Sol_ClydePosted 11/19/2012 8:54:21 AM
Zato Infinite posted...
Nintendo didn't screw you. You screwed yourself when you decided to cheap out and go with the 5 gig limit.

Not trying to offend the TC but this right here...

I live in a country where all ISP suck, yet I didn't limit myself to such a low limit.
Unless you live in a country that has worse ISP by a long, LOOONG shot then you're being very cheap.
Nowadays getting a half-decent internet with 40 GB limit is very cheap.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#38LordPonchoPosted 11/19/2012 8:54:33 AM
joeskeletor posted...
jesus christ i live in back asswards alabama and im not dumb enough to sign uo for a monthly limit either u northerners are deedee our your deeedeee. Either way ur deedee. Case in point if u enter into a banwith contract u are a moron.

Your post speaks volumes about the intelligence level of the south.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#39NeojianXPosted 11/19/2012 8:54:48 AM
Wow! That is what killed my Sony NA 60gb PS3. Something like that might snatch out Wii backwards compatibility. Nintendo is so Sony phony now days. Just like the PS3 did not have any JRPGs for years in NA after it's release. Maybe just a couple of them after two years. They would just be JP only.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#40MiraiLinkPosted 11/19/2012 8:57:52 AM
TC was being careless. There was a prompt asking the user to update before playing Nintendo Land. You can choose no to wait.
---
RIP CITY!
Now Playing: videos games