So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

#51OursTeh1337Posted 11/19/2012 9:52:24 AM
People are acting like unlimited 4G exists in most countries...
---
If I Were Here, I'd Be Gone By Now
#52EoinPosted 11/19/2012 9:53:15 AM
datopgamer posted...
I forgot its a ps+ thing. My console downloads updates and free games I haven't downloaded yet.

That PS3 feature can be turned off.
#53DaMan1900Posted 11/19/2012 9:54:23 AM
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
Forgive my ignorance, (grips flame shield) aren't data caps exclusive to cell phone providers?

I use Brighthouse Networks for my internet and I've never heard of a data limit. Do home providers have data limits?

some of the worst isps do like comcast, att. i burn through 250GB in like 5 days :P. yay for brighthouse and roadrunner lightning
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#54bronze4v4proPosted 11/19/2012 9:56:40 AM
verizon has that 5gb monthly usage plan. It has nothing to do with cell phones. People who live in rural areas get stuck with garbage internet providers.

Its like this because it has to do with real estate and development advantages. Homes are generally cheaper in rural areas and one reason is, the county won't pay companies like comcast to come out to their area because it costs them a lot. So as a result, land is rural areas is a bit cheaper.
#55Legeon86Posted 11/19/2012 9:57:02 AM
Well, there went all desire for a Wii U. Nintendo is not worthy of trust.
#56JoeSkeletorPosted 11/19/2012 9:58:07 AM(edited)
Suichimo posted...
joeskeletor posted...
LordPoncho posted...
joeskeletor posted...
jesus christ i live in back asswards alabama and im not dumb enough to sign uo for a monthly limit either u northerners are deedee our your deeedeee. Either way ur deedee. Case in point if u enter into a banwith contract u are a moron.

Your post speaks volumes about the intelligence level of the south.

And your comment lends credibility to norther ignorance. Yesa masta u so smart.

So, if your options were what I described in my previous post, what would you do? Be happy with dial-up? Moving just to get a better internet provider usually isn't in the budget.

WTH is dial up i live in podunk alabama and i van get 15gbs conection what backwards country u live in??
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#57Golden MavenPosted 11/19/2012 10:00:38 AM
My goodness, some of you are incredibly ignorant. Try leaving your city some time. North America is a big piece of land, broadband doesn't reach everyone.
#58Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 11/19/2012 10:03:00 AM
DaMan1900 posted...
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
Forgive my ignorance, (grips flame shield) aren't data caps exclusive to cell phone providers?

I use Brighthouse Networks for my internet and I've never heard of a data limit. Do home providers have data limits?

some of the worst isps do like comcast, att. i burn through 250GB in like 5 days :P. yay for brighthouse and roadrunner lightning

Thanks for the response! That really sucks, I feel bad for people who don't have decent options.
---
I'm a doctor too.
#59SuichimoPosted 11/19/2012 10:04:10 AM
joeskeletor posted...
WTH is dial up i live in podunk alabama and i van get 15gbs conection what backwards country u live in??

Its an antiquated piece of crap that needs to die out.

I live in Iowa, you know that state just a bit northwest of you. I used to live outside a small town of about 11k. Where I was, they still literally only have the option of dial-up or satellite internet. Satellite is the ABSOLUTE fastest you can get out there because ISPs refuse to expand their service because they can make more money expanding it in a town like Phoneix, Arizona. I honestly believe that, with no intervention, there are parts of this country which will NEVER have the option for good internet service.

Where I live now, used to live with my Dad but I moved for work, I have a pretty good connection that I have no problems with.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#60ThE MaSTeR 3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:05:15 AM
thanks everyone. this helped alot. I'm moving tomorrow!