So nintendo just screwed me. Wii U downloads in background without permission.

#61TerotrousPosted 11/19/2012 10:06:40 AM
In Canada, unlimited internet effectively doesn't exist, or if it did you'd pay like $200 a month for it. In some other countries I'm sure it's even worse.

But in any case, connecting the Wii U to the net when you knew there was a 5gb system update looming and didn't have space for it wasn't very smart.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#62ShadowSkill11Posted 11/19/2012 7:06:31 PM
BlackstarLegend posted...
MageofBlood391 posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
ThE MaSTeR 3 posted...
I have a limited 5GB monthly cap. I was already at 4+GB used for the month before the wii u. Now it downloaded a 1GB update without my permission while I was playing nintendoland and I owe my ISP $10 for going over my monthly limit.

THANKS NINTENDO! what a great feature. how about you let us turn off wii connect 24 like we could on Wii.

You get what you pay for. Switch ISP's if you don't like data caps. I have a Fios service and unlimited data. Wy don't you? Hmm?

Logically because it's either not offered where he is or because he can't afford it. "Why don't you just have more money?" doesn't cut it.

Exactly. I live in an area where it's dial up or satellite internet. No amount of money will get me a better connect. We have 10 GB a month PERIOD and yesterday the Wii U at through 1.5 GB of that without me knowing. There needs to be an option to turn the dang internet off.

It seems to me that if data was important you should have thought about it before you moved just like people do when they checkout how good neighborhood schools are, if a place has septic tanks, a housing association, etc. You got exactly what you paid for.
#63blankempathyPosted 11/19/2012 7:09:50 PM
Why not just disable your wifi to your wii u? Its not that hard.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#64PoweranimalsPosted 11/19/2012 7:12:11 PM
You think you'll be able to use the eshop in the future without updates? Good luck with that.
#65lionheart5656Posted 11/19/2012 7:14:48 PM
wow you guys suck lol

-its my fault that I cant magically get better internet in my location

-its my fault that I didnt know that Wii U (unlike Wii) stealthy downloads in the background.

-Yes. Move out of Africa.

-No but it happens on every system by accident eventually anyway.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#66Shigeru-IwataPosted 11/19/2012 7:23:27 PM
Unlike the rest of these simpletons, I understand, TC.

Where I live, it's either 15GB/Month LTE Connection, or Dial-Up. Ridiculous, honestly.

Some people don't understand that you can't snap your fingers and make ISPs service your area. If you live in a rural area.
---
Ricky, a dope trailer's no place for a kitty!
#67AwesomeMarioPosted 11/19/2012 7:26:09 PM
I have unlimited data. Ad Nintendo disn't screw tou. You screwed yourself.
---
Friend Codes and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#68drinzPosted 11/21/2012 9:40:59 AM
I live in a rural area like TC, and yes it sucks, its either Dial up (not an option)

satellite with 17gb monthly rolling limit ( meaning if I used 5 gb today on the 21st, that 5gb isn't off the limit until 21st of the next month) and is just too slow for any online game (can't even runescape well)

or a phone company like ATT who sells hotspot devices which are hooked up to data plans, maxing out usually at 5gb.

Moved out here because jobs are scarce atm, and it was a for sure great paying job. Money is not the issue, its the location.
---
Pokemon Soulsilver: 1033 3511 6018
pokemon Diamond: 2105 8566 6660
#69fatheruppercutPosted 11/21/2012 9:47:59 AM
Agreed... can't dog on someone who has technology limitations. C'mon guys... heads out of rears

not everyone has the luxury of blazing fast top of the line internet deals. Although I will say - if I was bound to a data plan like that, I wouldn't even put my console online at all
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.